Headunit Reccomendation >

Headunit Reccomendation

Notices

Headunit Reccomendation

Old 02-21-2016, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headunit Reccomendation

I saw some recent posts regarding head unit recommendations but the earliest one dated 10/2015. I need a head unit for my baja outlaw that supports the iPhone 6. I have the clarion CMD8 right now and it used to play my iPhone 4s through the aux outlet but now it won't even recognize my iPhone 6. Price does not matter but it'd be nice to have something fit the size of my current hole of my Clarion CMD8.

Thanks
Old 02-23-2016, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Check out Fusion 7 series. It will dock an iPhone or blue tooth. Great product.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am in the same boat on my 232, but I have the much older Clarion XMA1. I'd prefer to keep something the same as the current size, but would consider making a plate if necessary. I'm looking for color screen, Bluetooth, transom or wireless/waterproof remote control. Single zone will work, running to a JL amp and JL speakers.

I'm considering the following options:

Rockford Fosgate PMX-5 - I like the overall design, but no idea on RF marine quality
Clarion M606 - Like sticking with Clarion, pretty proven in marine, wireless/floating remote seems nice
Fusion 700 series - Not sure which exact unit to purchase
JL Audio MediaMaster® MM100s - Like the overall design, and JL is top notch

Anyone have any recommendations? The problem is timing with most of them as well... all new and most haven't been released. I'm open to other suggestions as well.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Fusion 700i or 750i. The major difference is that the newer 750 will accommodate the newer IPhones.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jetskidrewski
I am in the same boat on my 232, but I have the much older Clarion XMA1. I'd prefer to keep something the same as the current size, but would consider making a plate if necessary. I'm looking for color screen, Bluetooth, transom or wireless/waterproof remote control. Single zone will work, running to a JL amp and JL speakers.

I'm considering the following options:

Rockford Fosgate PMX-5 - I like the overall design, but no idea on RF marine quality
Clarion M606 - Like sticking with Clarion, pretty proven in marine, wireless/floating remote seems nice
Fusion 700 series - Not sure which exact unit to purchase
JL Audio MediaMaster® MM100s - Like the overall design, and JL is top notch

Anyone have any recommendations? The problem is timing with most of them as well... all new and most haven't been released. I'm open to other suggestions as well.
I have been looking at the same 4 head units. I was leaning towards the clarion m606 so I don't have to change out my existing clarion remote but I'd love to see some reviews before I make the purchase.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:38 AM
Registered

I'm just not in love with the Fusion's overall look and design... That's my last choice at this point... I'm really curious on the Rockford Fosgate
Old 03-21-2016, 10:18 AM
Registered

Any other input on headunits for this summer?
Old 03-23-2016, 05:15 PM
Registered

I'm looking at doing the Kenwood KMR -M315BT with adding the KCA-RC55MR remote & swapping out the Clarion stuff in my Daughters boat...
Looks like it does everything & fits in a standard hole.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My choice would be the Fusion, but that is mostly because it will interface with Garmin through what they call Fusion Link.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=Bill 3;4422435]My choice would be the Fusion, but that is mostly because it will interface with Garmin through what they call Fusion Link.[/QUOTE

Thats a great feature. Saw it on my friends boat the other day. You can control everything from the gps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.