SImrad or Garmin >

SImrad or Garmin

Notices

SImrad or Garmin

Old 03-09-2016, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alindquist
I ended up going with Simrad (NSS9 evo2), the Garmin didn't fit my application. The Simrad does work with a Fusion radio. I have 100% control, and it is actually easier to control the stereo from the MFD than from the deck or the remotes. I also did a 4G radar, Sirius weather, wifi, ducer, and engine room camera's. It's still pretty new but everything seems to be working great.
Wow that sounds awesome. You have pics of your setup? To be honest I'm not sure what a fusion radio is. Pretty new to all this
Old 03-09-2016, 08:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by drpete3
Also the Go 7 has a bluetooth connectivity so that I can have an app on an Ipad or my Iphone and see and control the display through Bluetooth
Thats actually really sweet, I was thinking about mounting one of the new big iPads on the passenger side, so that app would be awesome! Does it work with any simrad or just the go7? I was looking at the nss12 or nss10....
Old 03-09-2016, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shawnthenning
Thats actually really sweet, I was thinking about mounting one of the new big iPads on the passenger side, so that app would be awesome! Does it work with any simrad or just the go7? I was looking at the nss12 or nss10....
Can't read them in sunlight, over heat and turn off in sunlight. I wouldn't recommend it.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow that sounds awesome. You have pics of your setup? To be honest I'm not sure what a fusion radio is. Pretty new to all this
Fusion is a brand, higher end, radio. Like kenwood, Sony etc.
Old 03-09-2016, 09:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pwraddr
Can't read them in sunlight, over heat and turn off in sunlight. I wouldn't recommend it.
Which are you referring to the iPad or the simrad nss10
Old 03-10-2016, 06:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ipad will wash out and overheat... With the Simrad wifi I can put the Simrad app on my phone and it only works as a screen viewer. The app on my iPad will control the entire system. It's kind of neat
Old 03-10-2016, 06:46 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

By the time you buy the ipad, a nice mount, waterproof case, install a charging port etc etc, you'd be in it as much as a purpose built GPS that will actually stand up to those conditions. I thought the same thing when I was shopping for a GPS.

My review for those who might read this thread later. I looked at the SIMRAD GO7 and the Garmin 741xs. I went with the Garmin purely because it seemed to operate much faster and the controls were much more intuitive. Example, when zooming or scrolling the chart, there was a significant delay and load time with the SIMRAD, lowrance, etc. The Garmin responded instantly with no load time and didn't have to refresh the chart everytime it moved. I use it only for navigation, but the features between all the GPSs are pretty much the same.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:14 AM
Registered

The reason i went with the go7 is because it could also display my gauges and it was brighter than the garmin.

Here is an article done on my little project from Speed on the water

http://speedonthewater.com/boat-rest...itoring-system
Old 03-10-2016, 07:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by alindquist
The ipad will wash out and overheat... With the Simrad wifi I can put the Simrad app on my phone and it only works as a screen viewer. The app on my iPad will control the entire system. It's kind of neat
That is actually really cool. I didnt know it could do that.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ToMorrow44
By the time you buy the ipad, a nice mount, waterproof case, install a charging port etc etc, you'd be in it as much as a purpose built GPS that will actually stand up to those conditions. I thought the same thing when I was shopping for a GPS.

My review for those who might read this thread later. I looked at the SIMRAD GO7 and the Garmin 741xs. I went with the Garmin purely because it seemed to operate much faster and the controls were much more intuitive. Example, when zooming or scrolling the chart, there was a significant delay and load time with the SIMRAD, lowrance, etc. The Garmin responded instantly with no load time and didn't have to refresh the chart everytime it moved. I use it only for navigation, but the features between all the GPSs are pretty much the same.
I also plan on only using mine for gps. But thank you for the input, guess I need to go play with them at west marine lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.