new guy with a Daytona >

new guy with a Daytona

Notices

new guy with a Daytona

Old 08-27-2006, 06:38 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: new guy with a Daytona

sounds like you are over propped for your current horsepower. You should be seeing 5000rpm at least. Check the sticker on your drive for the gear ratio. If you have a 1.50, you should probably be running a 24p max, a 22 if you have a 136 gear.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it is a 1.50 for sure I remeber seeing the sticker. The guy I bought it from said with light fuel and just him in it it would bounce the limiter if he wasn't careful. I have not been able to get it to even come close to that. Maybe I am not trimming it right or something.I dont know. I iwll look into that a bit more next weekend....
Old 08-27-2006, 11:21 PM
Registered

My buddies 25 eliminator with a 500 hp has a 26p repitched to a 27 with a 1.5 drive. He has seen a max of 83mph GPS The 1.5 drive was stock.
Mine originally came with a 1.5 drive but it was changed to a 1.36 once the procharger was added. I run a 28 bravo 4 blade and have seen 96 on the gps in less than Ideal conditions.
Im not doubting the Black hawk setups as they are neat drives but at LOTO they wouldnt be ideal. My boat gets on plane just fine with 4 adults and full of fuel in normal chop,but on the busy weekends it requires one of the rear passengers to get up front for a short period. Being from LOTO Im not sure what glass water is.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:43 PM
Registered

when mine was powered like yours I had a 1.36/24" bravo and I think it saw maybe 4800, but it was cold and after 5hrs I whippled it.

You can use my scan tool to check timing and see if the tach is calibrated right
Old 09-08-2006, 09:34 PM
Registered

Beautiful boat. I love the Daytonas.
How about "Scardy Cat"?
Originally Posted by TravisB
http://img54.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00955tk3.jpg

http://img123.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc00962ks5.jpg

http://img65.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img1079tz9.jpg

also I am trying to think of boat names this is what I have so far

The Cats Ass
Cats Ass
Balls Outs-because my last name is ball
Liability Decision-because I am a insurance Claims adjuster

I am open to any other ideas...
Old 03-15-2007, 04:36 PM
Bo
Registered

I had a 1999 Daytona 25' (same paint scheme as yours) with a 789hp Keith Eickert blower motor, IMCO SC extreme drive 1.36 with 2" shorty.
Ran 114 mph +/- with 2 people and half tank. I got really good MPG but a strong crosswind would blow us off course Real tough to get on plane until I got used to it. It was a seriously fun boat. Couldnt do poker runs with it (safely) so we decided to let her go. Good luck with your Daytona. Faster you go... better it rides.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:16 AM
Registered

Default Another new guy with a 25' Daytona

Bo
I also am new owner of a 25 footer. I pick mine up Wed. of this comming week.My question to you is what size prop were you using? The one that I'm buying is a blown 540, 136. Turns 58 Hundred with a 32 4 blade prop. The owner said it will run well over the triple number and if you do the math, He is right.I bought the boat site unseen, so I have no idea as to hard it will be to roll over to get on plane. Would appreciate any feed back you may have. By the way I have different size props so Im not too worried about getting it right.Just currious.
Regards,
Les / [email protected]
Old 03-18-2007, 09:55 AM
Bo
Registered

Originally Posted by eliminator219
Bo
I also am new owner of a 25 footer. I pick mine up Wed. of this comming week.My question to you is what size prop were you using? The one that I'm buying is a blown 540, 136. Turns 58 Hundred with a 32 4 blade prop. The owner said it will run well over the triple number and if you do the math, He is right.I bought the boat site unseen, so I have no idea as to hard it will be to roll over to get on plane. Would appreciate any feed back you may have. By the way I have different size props so Im not too worried about getting it right.Just currious.
Regards,
Les / [email protected]
I was using a 30 lab finished by DAH, 1.36 gears and I turned 5600-5700 on the stock tach... (who knows how accurate that was). My 25 had a single step and it came on plane fine until I put the 2" shorty on it. The Imco lower is where I gained a LOT of speed. That boat with a 2" shorter lower took a lot of getting used to and realistically it became a 2 person boat. What year is the boat your getting, what graphics?
Old 03-18-2007, 11:33 AM
Registered

Angry 25 Daytona

Bo
Sounds like I have one very simlar to the one that you had. Its a 99 with the same graphic as the one shown by steerjeeper except the squares are little smaller on the flag effect in the rear of the boat. its done in purple and yellow on the base white hull. It also has a intercooler and a imco exstrem with a two" lower.
What did you mean by getting used to the shortY? I had the two" shortys on my B-max drives on my blown 28 and all I noticed was it went faster on the top end. I then put Hering 6 blades on it and it really ran great. I might even try one on this new boat. Just have to wait and see how it runs! Hell, Its still winter here.
Les
Old 03-18-2007, 01:45 PM
Bo
Registered

Default 25 Daytona

Originally Posted by eliminator219
Bo
Sounds like I have one very simlar to the one that you had. Its a 99 with the same graphic as the one shown by steerjeeper except the squares are little smaller on the flag effect in the rear of the boat. its done in purple and yellow on the base white hull. It also has a intercooler and a imco exstrem with a two" lower.
What did you mean by getting used to the shortY? I had the two" shortys on my B-max drives on my blown 28 and all I noticed was it went faster on the top end. I then put Hering 6 blades on it and it really ran great. I might even try one on this new boat. Just have to wait and see how it runs! Hell, Its still winter here.
Les
Les, It may be my old boat your buying. The best way to tell is if it has three individual seats in the rear. I believe we had the only 99 with that option. We have shortys on our 33 Scarab also and its fine. If you look from the back of the boat you'll see the x-dimension is pretty high on that Daytona. The boat felt very light at high speeds. Also hard to plane until you get used to it. My Daytona was sold to a guy in Georgia and he had it listed on boattrader recently. If I remember correctly he had it listed with a 1.5 shorty instead of the 2 that I had on it. Here is a picture of my old 25
Attached Thumbnails new guy with a Daytona-daytona.jpg  

Quick Reply: new guy with a Daytona

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.