Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Eliminator
26 Eagle V question >

26 Eagle V question

Notices

26 Eagle V question

Old 05-17-2007, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

i've got a 25 with a worked n/a 502, imco exhaust, nose cone, spinning a 28 bravo one at 4950rpm. I've gps'd it on non-ideal water, at 77mph, previous owner says it will do 80. It will get squirelly if you try and trim up too high. I don't have tabs, and only 3 hrs driving the boat yet. I'd like to spin the prop to 5150 rpm, then see what i have, hoping 81-82.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

26 Eagle V...I'm assuming your running at Elephant Butte...
My last 25 Eagle ran 70-72 at the Butte...502,aftermarket exhaust,K&N filter,ASM re calibrated module,labbed 26p bravo.

My new Eagle(98 25ft.) has run 102 in Havasu...spinning a labbed 32p bravo.
Blown 510,Stand off box,full Hydraulic steering,280-S K-tabs.
Up to about 80,they're pretty stupid proof..at 90 mine starts to chine,to the point where,I have to counter steer in order to keep it on the pad...95 on up it it's a driver's boat...you have to be carefull,as you start to run out of bottom pretty fast..

A whipple pkg. on your 26,would really turn it into a great Hot Rod,seeing as how you already have (big)tabs,and aftermarket steering.
Talked to a guy a couple of years ago at the Eliminator Regatta,who had a 25 Eagle,that he claimed ran a 110-112..the guy owns 4 Eliminators all motored up,so I'm thinking he was stand up about the speeds.
Overall,I think the 25-26 Eagle's are awesome muscle boats,that respond very well to HP...

Last edited by Mychal; 05-21-2007 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Mychal,
Thanks for your input. Ive been on here a long time and its hard to find guys that have these boats ( 25 & 26)eagles) that really run. Your right about the speeds stupid then drivers then no bottom left! Just one question though, did you add the standoff box? I have wondered how the boat would run with one. Are you running a shorty drive on this one?
Old 05-21-2007, 10:10 PM
Registered

Some links to some fun stuff here!
http://www.fullmooninjune.info/moviepage.html
Old 05-22-2007, 11:20 AM
Registered

HPJunkie...
The boat came with the box,Having driven the same type hull, with and without a box,there is a discernable differance.It takes a lot less positive trim for the hull to take a SET.You see stand off boxes all the time on cats,not sure why they aren't as common on V's.Might be the cost per mph involved..
I've also been told that the shaft in the box absorbs some of the torque from the motor...I've been running a XZ drive for 4 years w/no drama,so there might be some truth to that.
Are you running full hydraulic?,or dual ram..
We've taken some of the juice out(big pulley,4lbs,boost)so now I'm in the 95-98 mph range..5600rpm chip in the msd...the set up has been ultra reliable(knock on wood)
Ya gotta admit they are a fun boat to drive with sufficiant power.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:40 PM
Registered

Myc,
I absolutely love driving mine. I am turning a 28" into the low 6K range and its just a rocket. I have never been beaten to 90mph. I raced an HTM with 1400 hp 598 with poncho heads and got him to 94mph and he then went by me like i was standing still. He wanted to know about my boat and I asked him about his. His runs 138. So much for top end. So you say its much "easier to drive " with the box?
Old 05-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Registered

HPjunkie...
My non expert opinion...I think the stand off box,helps alot,drive is in cleaner water,faster to plane(rolls over like a jet boat),hull needs less trim...I dunno,considering I've only got maybe 625-650hp,on 91pump gas..I'm thinking my speeds are pretty decent..
That story about you and the HTM is funny...Last year in Havasu,a guy in a SS24HTM,pulled up next to me as I was exiting the no wake zone,I crushed him out of the hole,and kept waiting for him to drive by me...he never did...
After I slowed down,he came up and we chatted about who had what,turns out he had a N/A 572 that he said ran 100..uhhh,i DON'T THINK SO..anyway,he said that he would've hung better,except that he didn't hammer his throttles at take off,I told him neither did I,but I don't think he believed me..kinda goes to what you were alluding to about rocket like accelleration..
What is it with those HTM guys,it seems like Everyone of them wants to race somebody...lol..
Old 06-17-2007, 09:56 PM

Hey Mychal, if you have a few minutes I wouldn't mind talking with one of our local guys here in good 'ol NM. Sounds like you have already done a tremendous amount of work on the Eliminator. I for one am interested in hearing some more about your set-up. I'm cdertain I have seen you out before but for the life of me I can't seem to remember your boat. Any more details you would be willing to share would be great. The speeds you indicate are "Freakin Fast!" As you can se it's been a while since I have been on the site. Drop me a line if you have some time. Oh yeah, Thanks for the info on your Rocket.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Reading this really makes me think who should feel more in control.Me in my 27 Daytona at 100 or you guys in your Eagles.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:34 PM
Registered

26 Eagle...
I'd be more than happy to talk boat with you,my cell # is 505-620-7622,call me anytime.
I live in Albuquerque,but keep my Eliminator in Havasu,there are several of us from Albuq. that keep our boats stored in Havasu...I haven't boated at the Butte in years,although I hear there are a couple of pretty badass Eliminators running around down there
My gel design is exactly like HPjunkie's,except in Red with yellow pinstripes..

Last edited by Mychal; 06-27-2007 at 05:37 PM.

Quick Reply: 26 Eagle V question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.