Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Eliminator
26 Eagle V question >

26 Eagle V question

Notices

26 Eagle V question

Old 06-10-2008, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No new prop yet. I have a standard Bravo 1 24 & 26 pitch that I'll try out before I buy. I figured the chine would be an issue however my Eagle has the 24" Dana tabs on it with full hydrualic steering as well. Now If I could get out the broken intake bolt from the cylinder head I would be in business.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Registered

Default sounds good

Please post and let us know how the boat runs past 80 for you. I would love to know if the tabs work, how much you end up using, and if the full hydro makes the difference.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Registered

...my Eagle is on rails at 80,no drama til upper 80's.
You have to remember Ron Ehde designed the 25's to run loose...
Loose=Fast
Too loose=chine walk
...sounds like you may be overtrimmed.
I have a set of 280-S offshore tabs,on my 25 that I ONLY use in really rough water,if your using tab,your scrubbing speed,I never run the tabs any lower than parallel with the bottom.
Stuffing the nose in a HOLE,with the tabs buried is pretty dangerous.

Mychal
Old 06-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Registered

Default Interesting...

My chine walking starts at right at 80...gets worse and by 84 the boat is undriveable...I only have hydro assist, do you think that I need to go to full hydro? I'm thinking tabs won't help and would be too dangerous..I saw a video HPjunkie posted of the eagle running at 85 from head on, and there is not nearly enough transom in the water to make them effective anyways, from the look of it. I have a labbed 4 blade bravo, which eliminator told me is pretty much the prop that was designed into the equation..so I don't think the prop could be making the boat squirrely. Im wondering if a stand-off box would solve the problem, and/or full hydro??

Do you think I need to have my hull "sharpened" or whatever HP was talking about? Do you know who, what, where, etc??

I agree with you, loose is fast, no other hulls I know can run a solid 80 with only 550 hp...the baja guys STILL don't believe me when I tell them that...lol
Old 06-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Registered

Default If it were me...

I'd spend the money on Hydraulic steering,AMAZING differance.Can't go wrong spending money on safety.
I still think you're overtrimmed,if she starts to dance at 80.
I had a 99,25eagle,with a 502,EMI exhaust,K&N filter,ASM re-programed ECU,and a labbed prop...
One early spring day in Havasu,6in. chop,maybe 5 gallons of fuel,I hit 80.1 on my gps.that was awesome...and she was on rails,no hint of impending chine.
Bravo1 prop is the only prop I run,and I've tried everthing on the market.
Take a straight edge and run it along the bottom of your boat,to see if it is in fact straight...
Old 06-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Registered

Default Thanks

Will go ahead and get the steering. I really don't think I'm overtrimmed, but I will try the boat again with a lower setting. I run the boat at about 2-3 on the mechanical trim gauge. It's definitely faster close to 4 but way too squirelly and not enough water to cool the big 525...The chine walk really wasn't too bad at 78-80, but was very noticeable above 81-82. Amazing that a small difference can do that, but it just seems to be the breaking point for my hull.

thanks!!

Last edited by Yellow_ICC_OK; 06-14-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Registered

Default It'll be money well spent...

I liken it to driving a car with no power steering,and then driving one with power steering...
Had a guy from Oregon call me a couple of weeks ago,asking about the advantages of a stand off box on an Eagle,Told him that I loved mine,said he was gonna hang one on his open bow 25.
...Should be interesting,I'll post the results after I hear from him...
If you ever want to talk boat ,call me,anytime on my cell,I'm no expert,but I have had 3 ,25 Eagle's(stock to wild),love to talk boat...505-620-7622
Mychal
Old 06-16-2008, 09:17 PM
Registered

I own the 25 Eagle that used to belong to HPJunkie. It still chine walks badly. Basically he just blue printed the bottom. He made all the strakes sharp on the edges. He said it helped and he also said it didn't chine walk any more! I didn't get to test drive the boat when bought it. It was the middle of the winter. The first time I drove it I was real close to a serious accident. The walking got very violent. With trim I got the boat more stable. It was also glass smooth which I have noticed makes it worse. I haven't got alot of seat time in the boat yet. I think learning to drive it would make alot of difference. I have ran the boat 87mph and it was still pulling hard with a borrowed 30 pitch b1. It was stable and as soon as I felt it bobble I pulled out of the throttle. I think the boat is capable of alot more speed I just want it to be as safe as possible. Has anyone tried a p5-x prop on one of these? I would really like to try one if I could find a used one I could afford. Mycal, I chatted with you on Performanceboat and have been meaning to call you. When is a good time? I am located in Idaho and on mountain time. I would really like to find a combination that would get rid of the walking completely with out spending a ton of $.I am starting to think less Horsepower is the answer! I like the boat other than this problem.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

dvdbrggs, I've been in your boat last year with Greg running in the low 90's GPS (92-93) with no chine walk. The water was choppy and the boat ran great. You probably just need some more seat time. When I first got my Velocity, I couldn't drive it either. Kept falling off the pad. Spent a day hammering it down and learned how to keep it straight. Once you figure it out it will run good. That boat is fast. You need to put some grab handles in it though. I think my finger prints are indented in the bottom of the seat.
Steve
Old 06-17-2008, 08:28 AM
Registered

Thats funny because the grab handle complaint has been made several times already! I took it out a couple of weekends ago and it was fairly rough. I ran it to about 75 and made a few laps around the lake which is probably about 15 miles long. I started to feel a lot more confident in the boat and happy about everything then I ran up on some glass water and it started walking again. I ran the power back and it came out of it. I think you are exactly right with more seat time. I was thinking of going out there on a nice day and trying to trim it to walk at lower speeds and practice pulling out of it. I wish I would have gotten some dual with Greg so I would have a clue of what to do. I studied up on correcting the chine walk and talked to Greg. I think I have pretty good idea just need to practice. Greg sent me the video of when he was running 88 and if you watch at the end it starts walking. I think right when he gets out of the power. I admit I am scared of the boat after that first ride. Might take a bit to get over it! I don't want to go swimming!

Quick Reply: 26 Eagle V question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.