death in east tenn >

death in east tenn

Notices

death in east tenn

Old 06-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default death in east tenn

I believe from what I saw that a guy that had a 26 eliminator on norris lake flipped it this past weekend & his daughter was killed . Twra said speed was definately the factor . Im pretty sure it was a 05 boat cause I think it was the guy that wanted to sell his 525 to install bigger power . He was like 58 & his daughter was 41 & smokin hot . Her obituary is in todays paper . She was not wearing a life jacket . The guy is still in the hospital .
Old 06-12-2007, 11:24 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by drgnrydr
I believe from what I saw that a guy that had a 26 eliminator on norris lake flipped it this past weekend & his daughter was killed . Twra said speed was definately the factor . Im pretty sure it was a 05 boat cause I think it was the guy that wanted to sell his 525 to install bigger power . He was like 58 & his daughter was 41 & smokin hot . Her obituary is in todays paper . She was not wearing a life jacket . The guy is still in the hospital .
Sad. I feel sorry for him.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Registered

very sad news indeed. thoughts are with him and his family.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:08 PM
Registered

Sad, I was in the hood racing the Jeep in Jellico, did not hear about it but the locals were talking about how popular Norris lake was becoming.

It would be interesting to get more data as it becomes available- I would not think its easy to flip a 26 with that power after all the seat time in a 100 mph 25' and the 30' i have now.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Flipping a Cat

Originally Posted by Cattitude
Sad, I was in the hood racing the Jeep in Jellico, did not hear about it but the locals were talking about how popular Norris lake was becoming.

It would be interesting to get more data as it becomes available- I would not think its easy to flip a 26 with that power after all the seat time in a 100 mph 25' and the 30' i have now.
So, I have a little over 60 hours of seat time on my 2007 28' daytona -and, fortunately, haven't come close to flipping it.

Now, excuse the "rookie" questions...

How easy is this to do in my 28 with 496 HO's? is this much of a concern with such tame power?

Or is this more a function of launching off of too steep of a wave and packing too much air?
Old 06-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Registered

The last thing I want to do is armchair someone's misfortune, so leaving that totally out of it.......

After 125 hrs in the 25. most all of it at 60 mph, maybe 10% at faster speeds and about 20 hrs in the 30 at similar speeds, I can't imagine flipping a heavier 26 or 28 from blowover or wind/traffic slop, it would have to be a significant roller from a nearby cruiser.

I did, when I first got my 30, intentionally launch a friends cruiser wake at about 50-55 to see what it would do, I'd say it got about 30-35 degrees of attitude, won't do that again. I was fairly close in, maybe 75-100' and his boat was in full plow mode. double the distance and 10 mph more would've been a speed bump

Not to hijack the thread, but when something like this happens it's a good wakeup call and wise for us to learn more about how our boats handle and what the risks are
Old 06-12-2007, 08:04 PM
Registered

The Boat was a 26 DCB (Yellow) BIG POWER! Well over 1000HP. The owners name is Robert (Bob) Foshee (68), His daughter was killed and her name was Ginger Robbins (41)
This is very sad news for all of the boating community and is not going to help the way powerboats are viewed on Norris Lake. Lesson here.. Don't let ego get in the way of wearing life jackets.. Especially if you intend to run hard!! Katt Nipp
Old 06-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Registered

I know this subject gets beat into the ground and after this post I will say no more about it. But... I personally have never heard of a lake being dragged for the body of someone wearing a life jacket.. It is your best chance to survive a crash!! KN
Old 06-18-2007, 05:08 PM
Registered

Any Moe Info Or Newspaper ?
Old 06-18-2007, 06:49 PM
ENABLER
Platinum Member

http://www.topix.net/forum/city/oak-...QAV31A40D60HTV

http://www.topix.com/forum/source/wb...TV/p6#lastPost

Quick Reply: death in east tenn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.