Calling, 22 Daytona

Notices

Calling, 22 Daytona

Old 08-06-2007, 10:43 AM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling, 22 Daytona

Did you do the install of your trim tabs yet? My mechanic just finished a set on a 22 and said it was a real pain in the a$$, compaired to my 25. The owner of the boat said it made a huge difference in his planing time though, and were well worth the money.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed mine about 2 weeks ago. We have had so much rain in Texas I finally got to use the boat last weekend. I dont think it made any plannig difference but it took the high speed porpoise out of the boat. My wife actually rode it to 80mph, before she quit at 70mph. I am not sure if it runs any faster because I had 4 peeps and 2 coolers in the boat. I was still running 80mph but that is what i ran before with 4 peeps. I want to try it by myself. My boat is very slow planning anyway because of high x dimension and speed prop. I think I am going to try a non labbed just for grins.
I did not see any major problems on the install but mine are the Dana 500 with an adjustable turn buckle so I did not run any hydraulic lines. I did have Dana make my turnbuckles short to clear my swim steps and the steering rams. I will try to get a picture.