My Day At Mira Loma >

My Day At Mira Loma

Notices

My Day At Mira Loma

Old 03-23-2008, 08:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet new ride!!!! Are you bringing it ti 1000 Islands this year?
Old 03-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Chuck
Sweet new ride!!!! Are you bringing it ti 1000 Islands this year?
Hi Chuck...yes - I am planning on running the 1k Island/Kingston Run.

Last I spoke to you - you were going to sell your Nortec - do you still have it and are you going to do the NY ciricuit again this summer?
Old 03-23-2008, 07:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Still mine, and we have alot of poker runs planned. Starting next weekend!!! Get a hold of me for some dates on some CNY runs that you will really like. Talk to you soon. Congrads!!!!!
Old 03-24-2008, 03:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Chuck
Still mine, and we have alot of poker runs planned. Starting next weekend!!! Get a hold of me for some dates on some CNY runs that you will really like. Talk to you soon. Congrads!!!!!
OK..will do.

This year, I'll be able to keep up with you...
Old 04-11-2008, 12:40 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Well how did it go today?
Old 04-11-2008, 02:41 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by QWKRN U
Well how did it go today?
Went well.

Boat ran great. Buzzed down Havasu almost to the damn. What a scenic lake - those of you that are locals are lucky - it's very cool here.

Still a few kinks need to be worked out by Elim:
a. AC didn't work.
b. Hatch sticks and doesn't open every time.
c. Boat is rigged w/pin cleats (pretty cool) - but the boat only arrived w/2 - was supposed to have 6.
d. One of the batteries was dead - Elim had arranged for one of the guys at Savage Marine to give a tour of the lake - so they replaced the battery on the spot and billed elim.
e. Cockpit mooring cover appears to have been fitted prior to the canopy being in place - with canopy on, cockpit cover doesn't fit - even w/2 guys stretching the canvas...

Definitely dig the way this boat rides - looking forward to getting past the initial seat time to understand the sweet spots etc...

Buzzed over to the naked turtle - what a great setup. People beaching their boats right at a sandy bar - we would kill for this in NY. Stopped in for a couple of pops. Was impressed with the caliber of talent running around.

The channel is crazy - very narrow - can't imagine it on a holiday weekend...

Docks at London Bridge are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to small for my boat. Fingers are only like 12' long - with my standoff boxes and hydrolic steering - no way to back in. Had to get real creative on tying up. Praying for no storms/big winds - I'll be in trouble.

Hit Cocomos, Martini Bay and Styles (first 2 are in the hotel, Styles just opened up across the parking lot)...it's a apparent it's still spring break...

Looking forward to spending a full day on the lake tomorrow (coves, etc..)

and yes - I do love the boat - carrying on a conversation with all the passengers in your boat at 120+ mph without intercoms is not something I was used to.

Going to pull the canopy off tomorrow before heading out - way to hot without the AC working...
Old 04-11-2008, 07:27 AM
VIP Member

Sounds like a decent first day Darrin... Sure would like some pix if somebody's got a camera handy...
Old 04-11-2008, 08:51 AM
Registered

Sounds like a great day on the water. look forward to pics as well. I couldnt imagine just cruising at 120 carrying on a conversation.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:44 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by QWKRN U
Sounds like a great day on the water. look forward to pics as well. I couldnt imagine just cruising at 120 carrying on a conversation.
Unfortunately, I didn't bring a camera for this leg of the journey - was too immersed in getting settled in - and was VERY distracted by the surroundings.

One of my crew did bring a video camera and got some unique footage while in Copper Canyon - but should probably be posted in the uncensored section.....

I actually got a marriage proposal from a SO CAL hottie within 10 mins of me tying up in Copper Canyon - yes, I know hit had very little to do w/me, and more to do w/my ride - but who cares - the wife doesn't need to hear that story...amongs several others...

So...yesterday I get a phone call on my cell phone - I check voicemail messages and it's Bob Leach telling me that he came to Havasu and has 6 Pin cleats for me...this morning before I leave, I am cleaning my boat and Bob shows up at my dock at the London Bridge and delivers me the 6 pin cleats and a bag full of elim hats and shirts....

ok...now that was pretty cool....

Had a great weekend, met some great people and love my new boat. Can't wait to get back up there next Sunday to get back in it....will have the family with me this time, as they haven't seen the boat or Havasu yet - should be a good time (will probably avoid Copper Canyon and the sandbar however)
Old 04-14-2008, 12:11 AM
Registered

Sounds like a good time. I was going to go down but its 4.5 hours from where Im staying, thats a bit of a haul not having my boat lol.

Quick Reply: My Day At Mira Loma

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.