new 27 daytona >

new 27 daytona

Notices

new 27 daytona

Old 05-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new 27 daytona

going thru financing now at eliminator to have this 27 foot built. the 28 foot with a cabin would be nice but twin motors and all that **** goes way over 200k.

what do you think the insurance will run per year with the 1000-1200 hp blown injected teague motor?

i want to get this thing in the triple digits he said 1000 hp would get me there.

i was gonna post a pic but i dont see the attach control.
its a nice level 4 scheme tons of fade and the clear is so deep
Old 05-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Registered

I hope you have prior cat experience or I'm not sure you'd be able to find insurance. Either way I'd bet it's expensive.

Good luck.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Registered

i dont have any cat experience but i have owned blown flatbottoms and hydro pickleforks but never insured those. this is gonna have a loan so its gotta be insured. its gonna be under a my 30 year old sisters name.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Registered

I think you might be in for a world of hurt then.

I was looking just for 496 HO coverage on a 26 as a 27 year old with clean record but no cat experience. It is basically only Markel that would do it, and I think only with a Tres Martin class. Even still that was probably over $4k.

That was 425 HP. I can't imagine something like you're talking about even getting covered.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:12 PM
Ara
Registered

I was in the same situation when I bought my 27 Daytona. If you don't have previous cat ownership experience, Markel is the only game in town. They also may not like that the boat is in your sisters name. American Reliable is the only other option, and they will not insure first time cat owners. Good luck.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Registered

the salesman asked me if i had kat experience told em no but have boat experience with running fast. they keep adding the ponies so i dont think it will be a problem to insure it just the price is gonna be high.

but i dont even want it if i cant break 100+
so with the 1000 horse teague blown injected i should hit that
Old 05-14-2008, 12:02 AM
Registered

Powerplants are the budget killer- big power and speed = high insurance cost.

Look into that before you decide what to put in it. Too many new boat owners find therselves in a bad spot when it comes time for insurance coverage.

On the other hand a friend just got great coverage on his 27 icc w/ 496ho power for 700 per year and my 28 w/ twin 496 ho's is under 1,000 per year, register and storing it in Arizona has it's benifits.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MikaylaHunterCig
Powerplants are the budget killer- big power and speed = high insurance cost.

Look into that before you decide what to put in it. Too many new boat owners find therselves in a bad spot when it comes time for insurance coverage.

On the other hand a friend just got great coverage on his 27 icc w/ 496ho power for 700 per year and my 28 w/ twin 496 ho's is under 1,000 per year, register and storing it in Arizona has it's benifits.
Who are you guys using? Those are both very reasonable sounding rates. Also, how much prior cat experience did you have?
Old 05-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by daytonakrazy
i dont have any cat experience but i have owned blown flatbottoms and hydro pickleforks but never insured those. this is gonna have a loan so its gotta be insured. its gonna be under a my 30 year old sisters name.
Your gonna have a problem if you are gonna try it insure it under your sister and your driving it and have a claim. Markel insure's PER Driver, not just the boat. On my 26 ultra deck with 525, i'm the only insured driver. I wanted to add my wife in case of emergency or I happen to drink when i'm on the water and she could then drive. They said she'd need to fill out a boating resume with all her experience to see if she qualified to be covered and since she's lacking a ton of experience, not sure she'll get added even though she'd only be going slow and only be driving us back home.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Registered

Yes we fit the good deal demographic.
40 year old , great credit and driving record as well as previous cat...
The kicker was the engines as even 525 power made a HUGE difffrence in cost !

Quick Reply: new 27 daytona

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.