Like Tree0Likes

27 Daytona Prop

Reply
Old 07-22-2008, 11:38 AM
  #1
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Cat-n-Around's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Buckey, AZ
My Boats: 2007 Eleminator 27 Danytona
Posts: 119
Default 27 Daytona Prop

Has anyone tried a Herings 5 blade on a 27 Daytona? Ive got a 07 with a 850hp blower motor, thinking about trying one just curious if anyone had and what results they had gotten.

Last edited by Cat-n-Around; 07-22-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Cat-n-Around is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:37 PM
  #2
Registered
 
blaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
My Boats: 2005 Shockwave Magnitude Twin Raylar HO600's
Posts: 483
Default

What speed are you seeing with 850HP in your 27 Daytona ?!?
blaniac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:11 AM
  #3
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Adrenaline Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
My Boats: Just took in 2007 Motion XP with 300XS's on Trade towards my 2007 36' Eliminator Coupe
Posts: 610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat-n-Around View Post
Has anyone tried a Herings 5 blade on a 27 Daytona? Ive got a 07 with a 850hp blower motor, thinking about trying one just curious if anyone had and what results they had gotten.
If you have a bravo style drive, I'd be real careful about running a 5 blade prop - especially on a single screw. That is a ton of torque with not much slip...It will probably give you better mid-range and better top end, but it may be at the expense of accelerating the demise of your bravo.

If you're running a six, nxt or something a bit more hearty than an XR design - rock on.

Just my 2 cents.
Adrenaline Junkie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:01 PM
  #4
Registered
 
turbo94gto's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Scottsdale AZ
My Boats: 36 4 Seat Canopy Skater www.BytorTruck.com
Posts: 185
Default

what drive and prop are you runing now? is it a shortie if so how short? I want a roost like yours
turbo94gto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:05 AM
  #5
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
fastlane40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Townsville Australia
My Boats: Kingfisher 54, 36 skater race, Scarab 26
Posts: 650
Default

I ran a labbed 33 Maximus and stock 32 Maximus.Didn't like them,felt bogged down.The best setup is 34 stock Bravo,2" shorty,propshaft level with the lowest point of the sponsons.890hp blower motor,1:27 lower.This felt the best,remembering i race it.Trouble with it is i was 103 and on the limiter @ 5800 with a fair bit left.Tried going down 1 1/2" but didn't like it.Now have a 1/2" spacer,still with the 34,on the limiter @ 106.Racing again in 3 weeks and going to practice with a 36 Bravo.XR and shorty have been great.Last race for the Eliminator though,into another boat.Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
27 Daytona Prop-img_0732.jpg  
fastlane40 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:45 PM
  #6
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Cat-n-Around's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Buckey, AZ
My Boats: 2007 Eleminator 27 Danytona
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo94gto View Post
what drive and prop are you runing now? is it a shortie if so how short? I want a roost like yours
The pic is of my old 28 Daytona. I wish my 27 threw that kind of a roost, lol.

Last edited by Cat-n-Around; 09-03-2008 at 10:35 AM.
Cat-n-Around is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:49 PM
  #7
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Cat-n-Around's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Buckey, AZ
My Boats: 2007 Eleminator 27 Danytona
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlane40 View Post
I ran a labbed 33 Maximus and stock 32 Maximus.Didn't like them,felt bogged down.The best setup is 34 stock Bravo,2" shorty,propshaft level with the lowest point of the sponsons.890hp blower motor,1:27 lower.This felt the best,remembering i race it.Trouble with it is i was 103 and on the limiter @ 5800 with a fair bit left.Tried going down 1 1/2" but didn't like it.Now have a 1/2" spacer,still with the 34,on the limiter @ 106.Racing again in 3 weeks and going to practice with a 36 Bravo.XR and shorty have been great.Last race for the Eliminator though,into another boat.Hope this helps.
I have a 2" Shorty propshaft even with the bottom.
Cat-n-Around is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:07 PM
  #8
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
fastlane40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Townsville Australia
My Boats: Kingfisher 54, 36 skater race, Scarab 26
Posts: 650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat-n-Around View Post
I have a 2" Shorty propshaft even with the bottom.
How does it feel/run with that setup?What ratio and prop?
fastlane40 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:15 PM
  #9
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Cat-n-Around's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Buckey, AZ
My Boats: 2007 Eleminator 27 Danytona
Posts: 119
Default

Feels good, diffenetly faster but it is a little hard to get on plan, I have to keep the rpms around 3000 and let it roll over. With the 1" shorty I didnt have any issues. Ratio is 1.35 and a IMCO SC, prop is a bravo-1 32 labbed.

Last edited by Cat-n-Around; 09-04-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Cat-n-Around is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:09 AM
  #10
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tulsa, OK
My Boats: 2003 Eliminator Daytona ICC
Posts: 183
Default 26 Icc

Running a 29 hydro 4 blade with a Bmax poker run. Boat seems to be setup perfect, but MIGHT use a little more top end. Currently at 116 mph with a 950 HP Beck motor. Cant get er to throw much of a roost though, lol....

Last edited by Yellow_ICC_OK; 09-04-2008 at 10:14 AM.
Yellow_ICC_OK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Ironmanwb
General Q & A
9
05-29-2011 11:42 PM
stangjeeper
Prop Talk
8
06-13-2007 10:27 PM
TIMINATOR
Prop Talk
3
02-20-2007 05:00 PM
vegas daytona
General Q & A
7
09-20-2004 05:56 PM
HOT BLOODED
Eliminator
1
01-06-2004 10:39 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.