Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    2000 Checkmate 259

26 Daytona w/ 575SCi

Any opinions on a 26 Daytona powered with a 575SCi and XR drive? I have always liked the layout of the 26 Daytona and write ups on the boats ride. Is this a good power point and setup for this hull? How is the overall handling of the this boat? Could this boat be used a reliable family truckster on a small lake, accomodating cruising, water sports, rafting and an occasional high speed pass? Any insight would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
    Rob

My Boats:
    Playcraft tritoon rockin' 496 H.O.
    The 26 is a good hull and has been around for many years. The 575 / xr is also a good base however beware there are several parts of the 575 that are either discontinued or becoming hard to get

my .02

CLA
    Registered
    Seems like a good combo. Pull off the merc blower/carb setup for a Blower Shop chiller, 871, and two 950 4150 holleys. That should get it moving........

SeaRay Sundancer Gold Member tblrklakemo's Avatar
    My Boats:
    In the Slow Lane
    Couldnt help but notice you included watersports......that kid will get an earfull, and maybe mouthfull.

Registered Platinum Member
    My Boats:
    26 Daytona
    watersports will depend on the setup and the prop selection. I can ski behind mine, but the x dimension seems to vary from boat to boat. Mine seems pretty conservative

My Boats:
    2000 Checkmate 259
    Quote Originally Posted by tblrklakemo View Post
    Couldnt help but notice you included watersports......that kid will get an earfull, and maybe mouthfull.
    Let me clarify my definition of watersports. The boat will have to pull small children on a tube, occasionally pull my wife and I on a slalom ski etc. We do this currently behind a 259 Checkmate. The Checkmate of course is not a boat built for water sports but you can make do if you're not too serious about it. The Eliminator I am not so sure about. If the X-dimension is too high maybe planing performance will not allow a skier to be pulled out of the water. Perhaps the Daytona will wonder at 33mph or just refuse too stay at that speed. The only cat I have ever driven was a 26 Awesome Cat. It seemed the only time that boat had a nice ride was at WOT. I am attracted to cats because of the speed capability (I am a speed junkie) but am not sure if the Daytona is civilized at speeds less than 50mph.

CLA
    Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by RJBBC View Post
    Let me clarify my definition of watersports. The boat will have to pull small children on a tube, occasionally pull my wife and I on a slalom ski etc. We do this currently behind a 259 Checkmate. The Checkmate of course is not a boat built for water sports but you can make do if you're not too serious about it. The Eliminator I am not so sure about. If the X-dimension is too high maybe planing performance will not allow a skier to be pulled out of the water. Perhaps the Daytona will wonder at 33mph or just refuse too stay at that speed. The only cat I have ever driven was a 26 Awesome Cat. It seemed the only time that boat had a nice ride was at WOT. I am attracted to cats because of the speed capability (I am a speed junkie) but am not sure if the Daytona is civilized at speeds less than 50mph.
    The awesome does not have a center pod correct? My boat rides really nice even at low speeds, but it does not turn well. (leans to the outside at low speeds). Over 35 or so mph it will lean into the turn and it rides good. To get the "floating" feeling you need to be around 50-60mph. If you are a speed junkie this is the hull for you. I had a 750 hp motor in my boat and it would easily do over 100mph. I stepped up the power this season by 200.

Registered
    My Boats:
    07 35 Beak
    what kind of speeds will this setup run?

Registered Gold Member
    My Boats:
    DCB f-29
    high 80,s low 90,s depends on setup