2010 Regatta

Old 06-13-2010, 11:54 AM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Regatta

Eliminator's 2010 Regatta in Lake Havasu, AZ has been re-scheduled:

Sept 10th & 11th
London Bridge Resort

Too short of time and too many conflicts to meet the June dates...

More updates to follow...
Old 06-14-2010, 11:15 PM
Registered

Anyone know which boats are going to auction? I heard 19 of them without power next month. Something related to the cost of flooring so I hear??
Old 06-15-2010, 12:25 AM

Default Auction???

Didn't hear about this auction. Whats up, is it at eliminator ?

Saw they opened a shop in Lake Havasu City. Anyone got the scoop on auction??
Old 06-19-2010, 09:56 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by boatcrzy
Didn't hear about this auction. Whats up, is it at eliminator ?

Saw they opened a shop in Lake Havasu City. Anyone got the scoop on auction??
The "aution" is Bob giving back his "flooring" units, nothing more. Dealers only over at Manheim.Com, I believe. Market is very soft...makes good sense to get out from under the payment.

The Havasu location is a sales office today, with the possibility of service/repair in the future.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Auction

Its true, there are 17 Eliminators listed and a couple of other units on Manheim.com. It is a dealer only site and a dealer only auction. Manheim Southern California, in Fontana, CA. Sale date is 7/1/2010. I am a auto and powersports dealer in OK but have access to any or all info. Key Bank is listed as the seller. Anybody want something searched out or HID numbers, etc., let me know. Happy to help.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Registered

Can someone post a list of the boats that are going to auction?
Old 06-22-2010, 06:02 PM
Registered

Looks like here is the list of the boats that are going:

http://www.performanceboats.com/html...t=67658&page=4

Wow the 28 speedster with the 700s is one of them:
"2009 28 DAYTONA SPEE 700HP 0 Blue 5.0 ELBY0124G809 "
Old 06-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do work for Manheim Auctions and for National Powersport Auctions (see npauctions.com) another dealer only auction firm. At NPA we do A LOT of offshore business with AUS customers and others. All of the discussion and ownership of the companies is curious. Manheim is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox. It is headed by Dean Eisner, second in command until just not long ago was a guy named Jaime Porter, whom I worked for directly. Manheim has about 85 auto auctions now in the US (I may have lost count) along with a growing salvage unit called Total Resource Auctions (TRA). They aquired many of these auctions 7 or 8 years ago from a divesting of ADT auctions who was headed by a British guy named Mike Richardson. Anti trust issues were raised and most of the auctions from ADT went to Manheim and the rest went to ADESA auctions. Manheim has been trying for several years to get into the powersports business and they have had strategic partnerships with many banks and other companies. Most notably GE and Ford. Ford owned as much as 10% of Manheim at on time. Not so much now. (NPA is the largest remarketer of powersports in the world is owned by a small group in CA and is in a strategic partnership TRP Penske. They currently have only 4 locations) They also have relationships with many of the powersport paper writers through the auto finance side, which I'm sure is how Manheim ended up with this group from Key Bank, which apparently had the floorplan for Eliminator. (A floorplan is the financing provided for the manufacturer or distributor of vehicles.) So much for ownership and structure. The thing to remember about these boats, in my opinion, is that they are in an auction and there will be fees, transport, etc., involved. 17-19 boats with the advent of live, internet and proxy bidding is a miniscule number in the big scheme of things. They could bring a big number per unit or there could be some bargains for some guys who have the ability to power and rig the boats. Auction=mystery of value. All of these boats have condition reports of 5, the highest rating. Manheim has the second best CR's in the industry (behind NPA). There are pictures of any and all issues with these boats. There will be no other issues, if there are and you are the purchaser, you need to familiarize yourself with the rules of arbitration at the Southern Cal auction. If not have an inspector go and look at them or survey them before the auction. Per the value, NADA puts out a very thorough wholesale Marine Value Guide quarterly, classify the boat and equipment, and bid accordingly. Trailers are always classified seperately anyway. This could be a great opportunity for someone looking for an Eliminator.....or they could bring stupid money and some guys could get buried in them. And yes, in the right circumstances, Eliminator could go back in and buy them for a quarter of what Key Bank has against them. Although I doubt that the rep at Key Bank is an idiot. Most of the reps at these companies know every scam and shortcut out there and they typically have a pretty good idea of what the market is in their space.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:08 PM
VIP Member

Default Update...

Just got this...

To all our Loyal Friends and Eliminator customers,

Eliminator Boats regrets that we have to cancel the Annual Eliminator Regatta for 2010 that was scheduled to take place Sept. 10-11. This is due to partly low attendance and unavoidable circumstances.

Please be sure that any payments that have been received by Eliminator whether check or credit card has not been processed and will be returned. Again we apologize and hope to see all of you next year in May.

We thank all of you for your support in the past and future.

Eliminator Boats Staff
if you have any questions please call 951-943-4422
Old 09-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Registered

Default BRWIC, some assistance please

I know this is in the wrong forum but wasnt sure which forum it belonged to and was hoping to catch BRWIC's attention

I am in the market for a "new to me powerboat", and was hoping that someone (BRWIC?) would know of any wholesalers who deal with NPA. I know that there are wholesalers out there who go to these dealer only auctions and will acquire what you want at the auction sale price plus their services fees.

Any help is aprreciated