Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Eliminator
New 36 Speedster >

New 36 Speedster

Notices

New 36 Speedster

Old 03-15-2011, 05:48 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's cool. Who was driving it? When was it taken? Thanks for posting!
Old 03-15-2011, 09:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
That's cool. Who was driving it? When was it taken? Thanks for posting!
Dan are u still in Havasu?....I havent been following up w/you.. when are u taking the 36 back to GA....?
Old 03-16-2011, 06:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
Dan are u still in Havasu?....I havent been following up w/you.. when are u taking the 36 back to GA....?
No, we left Havasu on Friday and got back to Atlanta 3am Monday morning. I never heard from you while we were in Arizona. That is the coldest water I have ever seen in my life. When you stop, you burn up and when we ran, we froze. Typical desert. I wish we had the chance to be there later in the year, but I am glad to be back on the East side of things. I grew up in the desert out west and I forgot how much of nothing there is in that part of the country. That was the most boring drive I have ever made.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:44 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

No, we left Havasu on Friday and got back to Atlanta 3am Monday morning. I never heard from you while we were in Arizona. That is the coldest water I have ever seen in my life. When you stop, you burn up and when we ran, we froze. Typical desert. I wish we had the chance to be there later in the year, but I am glad to be back on the East side of things. I grew up in the desert out west and I forgot how much of nothing there is in that part of the country. That was the most boring drive I have ever made.
So, how'd she run?

Did you break the 130mph mark with the Herrings?
Old 03-16-2011, 07:51 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's cool. Who was driving it? When was it taken?

Dan so who was driving your boat at that poker run in the foto ??? and they told you she was BRAND NEW ,maybe they had the same problems your having ...

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 03-16-2011 at 08:23 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Adrenaline Junkie
So, how'd she run?

Did you break the 130mph mark with the Herrings?
The Herrings were too small and we hit the rev limiters at about 115mph. We did do one run at 131mph with the Merc props before we hit the limiter. Herring is sending us some new props to try. When we change the rev limit to 6200rpm next year, this boat is going to fly. At 100 and up she packing air and riding like a dream. But, you know that. Dan
Old 03-16-2011, 08:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1

Dan so who was driving your boat at that poker run in the foto ??? thought she was NEW ,maybe they had the same problems your having ...
The dealer that had it was driving it trying to sell it. He did not run it in the poker run, but had it out for exposure. The boat is new, as I registered it with Merc Racing and one of their guys came out to certify the engines and help with the tweaking. The boat was in boat shows in Miami, LA, and Cleveland during 2008. I think at $599k the boat was just too expensive for this economy.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:38 AM
Banned

Dan so who was driving your boat at that poker run in the foto ??? and they told you she was BRAND NEW ,maybe they had the same problems your having ...
Hi Bill,
It looks like the problems were just new boat set up issues. When the Merc Racing tech and the local Merc Racing dealer tuned it up and dialed it in, the boat ran like a scalded dog. Updating the computers was a big step also. Since the boat had been sitting around since 2008, there had been a few computer flashes that needed to be done. We took the factory mufflers out and now it sounds bad azz when it idles and takes off.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:41 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Exposure that explains it Dan you sounded surprized to see the pic of the Elim in the water at the run and after reading over the thread you started about flying in for a sea trial and the boat would'nt run and you were disapointed seemed like the bugs would of been worked out and not registering the warranty cards only makes cents .. sounds like you still got a good vacation out of it now bring on the dancin gurls
Old 03-16-2011, 08:53 AM
Banned

Exposure that explains it Dan you sounded surprized to see the pic of the Elim in the water at the run and after reading over the thread you started about flying in for a sea trial and the boat would'nt run and you were disapointed seemed like the bugs would of been worked out and not registering the warranty cards only makes cents .. sounds like you still got a good vacation out of it now bring on the dancin gurls

No I wasn't surprised to see the picture. I knew this girl had been around the block a few times and I certainly knew I was not her "first". But I am her keeper. No, the vacation was a disappointment in that I never had a chance to drive this boat in Havasu at all. As a matter of fact, I have only had 10 mins of seat time in her out in Portland. Was in Havasu for 8 days and did not get a second of seat time. I personally thought that s_cked. This weekend, we have a kickoff party at our local lake and that will be the first time I have not been a passenger in this boat. I never feel comfortable as a passenger just like I can't ride on the back of a motorcycle. Things could have and should have been different. "And that's all I am going to say about that".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.