Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Eliminator
2011 Eliminator 27 Speedster >

2011 Eliminator 27 Speedster

Notices

2011 Eliminator 27 Speedster

Old 09-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Is this the boat in the classified?http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o41728-en.html. Give away price if its as written
Old 09-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
Michael, the internet is good and bad but it is a sad state when someone can make uninformed statements that others hold as gospel and put them out there for people to read or dissuade.

The comment I made was made after numerous statements by Steve on numerous threads that were and are ignorant. Here is a guy who has no relevant experience going onto an internet web forum telling the person who laid their $$ out that he has made a mistake with no substantial information to back this statement.

So, I can either let him continue to put out misleading, uninformed information or try to dispel it.
I'm sure it is very irritating to hear the same misinformation over and over, especially from the same person, but I don't recommend stooping to name calling. I think forum sponsors want to rise above that. If a potential customer drops in on one of these threads, without knowing all the background, and they see a forum sponsor engaged in name calling, they are probably going head for the hills. On the other hand, if the sponsor continually puts forth data showing that the misinformation is wrong (turning radius tests, time to turn, whatever), it would actually be good marketing. If the data is compelling enough, pretty soon other people will step in to repeat your data for you, too. Marketing is about repetition.

Michael
Old 09-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael1
I'm sure it is very irritating to hear the same misinformation over and over, especially from the same person, but I don't recommend stooping to name calling. I think forum sponsors want to rise above that. If a potential customer drops in on one of these threads, without knowing all the background, and they see a forum sponsor engaged in name calling, they are probably going head for the hills. On the other hand, if the sponsor continually puts forth data showing that the misinformation is wrong (turning radius tests, time to turn, whatever), it would actually be good marketing. If the data is compelling enough, pretty soon other people will step in to repeat your data for you, too. Marketing is about repetition.

Michael
Michael, you are correct. My statement should have read.... “Steve, aka PokerRun 388” you are making statements which make yourself appear ignorant and uneducated. It might appear better for yourself to refrain from making such statements and misleading comments until you or do yourself a favor and consult someone with actual experience with both the manufacturers which you yourself listed as ideal as well as the Arnesons which you described as “can’t be as good”, or; just do like the rest of us and wait for the results to speak for themselves and then draw a more informed conclusion.

Michael, thank you for bringing this issue to my attention.

Rik
Old 09-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

As an innocent bystander, I'd really love to hear why Arneson is the ideal choice for this application and not focus on the validity of someone being a dumb ass.

I'm trying to learn and people asking questions like that (let's pretend it was asked tactfully) is really helpful.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by Captain YARRR
As an innocent bystander, I'd really love to hear why Arneson is the ideal choice for this application and not focus on the validity of someone being a dumb ass.

I'm trying to learn and people asking questions like that (let's pretend it was asked tactfully) is really helpful.
I agree. While I should let the owner of the boat answer why he choose Arneson Surface Drives over the other choices that everyone kept pushing upon him, I can say most likely he went this route because he knew it would work and he knew it would not break. I'll defer to him to answer any further comments.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know why he is not going to finish it ?
Old 09-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea would like to know too. If it is money that sucks and sorry to hear that......
Old 09-08-2011, 10:56 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by skydog
Yea would like to know too. If it is money that sucks and sorry to hear that......
It has nothing to do with $$
Old 09-09-2011, 03:06 AM
Registered

i went with a arneson becuase its the baddest **** out ....it dont break and if rick says it will work IT WILL WORK!! MIGHT TAKE A LITTLE DIALING IN BUT WE KNOW I WANT BE BREAKING DRIVES AND WASTING TIME!!!! THE REASON IM SELLING IS BECAUSE I WANTED TO BOAT THE SUMMER AND IM A IMPATIENT PRICK ......SO I JUST WANT TO START A NEW WINTER PROJECT OR GET A BOAT DONE !!!
Old 09-09-2011, 03:37 AM
Registered

please show somthing that looks better!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.