Water in fuel >

Water in fuel

Notices

Water in fuel

Old 10-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water in fuel

I have had to drain my tanks twice,has anybody else had a problem with water in their fuel? I am starting to suspect the gas tank vents. I store it outside so it gets rained on. 2007 28' Daytona.
Thanks, Tom
Old 10-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Registered

About 2 years ago I installed a bigger filter/water seperater in my old boat. When ever the motor would start to idle rough I would drain seperator and good idle would return. A lot easier then draining tanks. I think the new fuel takes on water easier.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I had the same problem with my old obsession cat. Sat inside, no problem. Sat out in the rain, water in the fuel. I checked the vent plumbing, gas cap filler o-rings. I could never figure it out. I ended up installing a big clear fuel water seperator with a drain and I would check it a few times a day. Kind of a p.i.t.a. Good luck..
Old 10-19-2011, 07:29 AM
Registered

Pulled both motors last weekend. I am going to have to take the starboard motor apart, as it has lost compression on one of the cylinders. I'll make the repairs and dyno both motors. The water in the fuel pulls the ethanol out of it reducing the octane. I'll post what I find.
Tom