26 eagle xp help

Notices

26 eagle xp help

Old 05-10-2012, 10:35 PM
JB4
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 26 eagle xp help

hello, all. I'm new to eliminator boats. I boat on the east coast, mainly the delaware river and chesapeake bay. I have a 88 baja 240 sport, 24 degree deadrise hull, classic offshore boat (small, but eats waves). My friend/neighbor just bought a 26 eagle xp mcob
(sweet boat),I don't know much about them, and he wants me to teach him how to drive it. (he has never owned a boat). My question is what to look for with this boat ie: characteristics, does it like alot of trim, how is it in some chop? I know seat time will tell, but just looking for a heads up before we go for a rip tomorrow. the boat has a stock 496 ho, and a 25p rev 4 prop, imco dual ram hyd. steering to the helm, but no tabs. I'm thinking 70 mph? any chine walk at top end? sorry for the long post, but i know my 240 like the back of my hand, not sure about this one...
Old 05-11-2012, 11:38 PM
Registered

Not sure about the 26, but my 25 Eagle is rock solid on the top end. It does take a delicate touch to get it out of the hole quickly but that probably has more to do with the higher X dimension and Imco lower unit than anything else.

Just take it easey and learn the boat. I dont think it has the same deadrise as yours and wont pound through rollers like your accustomed to but it should run well on the top end in light chop.

Post up some pics and let us know how it went!
Old 05-11-2012, 11:51 PM
Registered

If you want to see what to expect the ride to be like, check out this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klxeD...2&feature=plcp

This was the 2nd time we had the boat out, 6 people( 1200 pounds) onboard and a full tank of gas, 50 gallons or so. I kept the trim down and tabs down a little becuase my kids and wife were onboard. The boat we were running with was doing 72 MPH.The GPS speedo on my boat wasnt working so I dont know how fast we were going. At the end of the vid I had trimmed up about halfway. I posted a vid in my thread taken from the Active Thunder, looks my boat could have used alot more trim.

Last edited by IROCDave; 05-11-2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I had my 26' Eagle with a 496HO up to 76.5 mph with a 26p 4 blade Bravo prop. Boat liked trim and it did chine walk a little but nothing too crazy.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Here's a quick little video of me in my Eagle racing my buddy in a Donzi for a case of beer. We were doing about 75 m.p.h.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FcJwwytQeo