always been with eliminator but may try a spectre >

always been with eliminator but may try a spectre

Notices

always been with eliminator but may try a spectre

Old 03-27-2013, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default always been with eliminator but may try a spectre

looking at a 2002 36 sprectr with twin 800 teagues. i have owned 13 eliminator daytons. Last 2 where 28s with merc 525s. Was wondering on any opinions on the spectre. we run on an inland lake in wi thanks any advise would be greatly appreciated. thought i was set on a 27 daytona. but really like the look of this spectre
Old 03-27-2013, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DALLAS2233
looking at a 2002 36 sprectr with twin 800 teagues. i have owned 13 eliminator daytons. Last 2 where 28s with merc 525s. Was wondering on any opinions on the spectre. we run on an inland lake in wi thanks any advise would be greatly appreciated. thought i was set on a 27 daytona. but really like the look of this spectre
36 spectre is a great ocean boat no center sponson" hull "
also if you trailer the spectre is wider not sure but I think between 10 to 11 foot wide
mike
Old 03-28-2013, 07:54 AM
Registered

I like the Spectre's. I've owned one, and I have a buddy that currently owns one. They seem to develop a "hop" around 80mph, but it levels out. They're no MTI or Skater, but I think one of the better choices when you're looking at a cheaper cat. A 36' with 800's should run 130mph.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:03 PM
Registered

when you say hop? what are you talking about? my daytonsa ran pretty flat.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:22 PM
Registered

when you say hop? what are you talking about? my daytonsa ran pretty flat.
most all true tunnel boats without the center sponson will hop " porpis " at a certain speed , example ,so let's say between 70 to 80 mph the bow of the boat will have a little bounce until you go faster or slower threw the hop zone .
from what I have herd you would either cruise under or over that speed , so cruise at 65 mph or over 80 mph

someone with more cat no how will chime in soon
good luck
Old 03-28-2013, 04:25 PM
Registered

also with as many eliminators that you have had you mite try to find a 30 to 36 eliminator , at least they will have the same type of handling that your used to but will also handle the rougher water better being a longer boat
Old 03-28-2013, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Spetre 36... Tow it somewhere before you buy it. I almost bought one down in Louisiana until I saw just how wide it is. Over the legal limit in most states--(I think 102-ish).

Also the hop is pretty normal with all cats--Especially true tunnels... As the air packs under the boat and gets denser and denser it pushes the boat further and further up and out of the water.

At the point where the boat completely breaks water tension and begins to ride almost solely on the compressed air in it's tunnel it will have an "unsure air density" underneath it ... it you ride in this speed or air density it will hop... If you continue to accelerate and pack more air under it, air will get denser and hop will disappear.

This speed will change a lot depending on conditions... Especially if you are running into the wind.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by randallaguirre
Spetre 36... Tow it somewhere before you buy it. I almost bought one down in Louisiana until I saw just how wide it is. Over the legal limit in most states--(I think 102-ish).

Also the hop is pretty normal with all cats--Especially true tunnels... As the air packs under the boat and gets denser and denser it pushes the boat further and further up and out of the water.

At the point where the boat completely breaks water tension and begins to ride almost solely on the compressed air in it's tunnel it will have an "unsure air density" underneath it ... it you ride in this speed or air density it will hop... If you continue to accelerate and pack more air under it, air will get denser and hop will disappear.

This speed will change a lot depending on conditions... Especially if you are running into the wind.
Which one were you looking at here in LA? They are over the limit, but nobody I know that owns one has ran into any issues, yet.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I think his name was either Ryan, Josh, or Justin... It was about 6-7 months ago. Had either twin 500s or 525's--I'm leaning to 525s. if I remember right. It was not the poker run edition either.
Oh and I remember he had said something about putting weights towards the front of the sponsons to balance boat out..
The guy was meticulous about it's maintenance, and the price was perfect.
I wish I could remember his name, Great guy. As much as he was trying to sell me the boat he was honest about it's size and what I would need to pull it. Simply put it was a bump out of my league.

He didn't say that it was a big problem with the width but that he had gotten a ticket a couple of times going to poker runs.

RE: the ops post... When he starts by talking about 26 vs 27 vs 28... I felt it necessary that when he talks about a 36 Spectre to mention it's a whole different beast than the 26,27,28.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by randallaguirre
I think his name was either Ryan, Josh, or Justin... It was about 6-7 months ago. Had either twin 500s or 525's--I'm leaning to 525s. if I remember right. It was not the poker run edition either.
Oh and I remember he had said something about putting weights towards the front of the sponsons to balance boat out..
The guy was meticulous about it's maintenance, and the price was perfect.
I wish I could remember his name, Great guy. As much as he was trying to sell me the boat he was honest about it's size and what I would need to pull it. Simply put it was a bump out of my league.

He didn't say that it was a big problem with the width but that he had gotten a ticket a couple of times going to poker runs.

RE: the ops post... When he starts by talking about 26 vs 27 vs 28... I felt it necessary that when he talks about a 36 Spectre to mention it's a whole different beast than the 26,27,28.
I don't recall seeing that boat at any of the runs. You're absolutely correct on the comparison part. The 36' Spectre is a whole different boat when compared to the 32' Spectre as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.