Looking for some insight on a sea water strainer for 25 Eagle >

Looking for some insight on a sea water strainer for 25 Eagle

Notices

Looking for some insight on a sea water strainer for 25 Eagle

Old 07-15-2013, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Looking for some insight on a sea water strainer for 25 Eagle

I am researching the idea of installing a sea water strainer for my boat. I currently have the mercruiser water pressure relief valve plumbed into the outlet of the sea water pump before the oil cooler. I boat a lot on Lake Wisconsin, which consists of shallow s-n-w channels with sand bottom. Do a lot of these strainers stop the sand? When the strainers get sand in them, do they stop water flow?

Does anyone have any pictures of their set-up in a eagle 250 hull? I'd like to see how and where it is getting mounted with the dual batteries on the starboard side. Thanks.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Ryan,
Yes they do stop the sand. Mine is a KPM brand. It has two plates with 1/4" holes drilled in them and sandwiched between them is a pad of fiber type material. If you suck up too much mud or sand it will plug it and you have to clean it out. If your not watching your temp the alarm will sound and time to empty it. Remember a couple of years ago when I was up there, I was cleaning it out constantly. If you didn't use the fiber pad it would allow the small stuff to pass through and not plug as easily
Old 07-18-2013, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Revd up I think I meet u years back in rockriver, rockford??U had a very nice Velocity and I would have been in a Motion with twin 280s on it or Allison with a drag on It?

Ty Matt