Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Eliminator
Just bought 36 daytona coupe.  Who has a 36? >

Just bought 36 daytona coupe. Who has a 36?

Notices

Just bought 36 daytona coupe. Who has a 36?

Old 09-18-2014, 07:44 PM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Just bought 36 daytona coupe. Who has a 36?

Just picked up a new to me 36 coupe with 7-10 ilmors.

It has imco boxes and -2 shorts with 1/2 spacer.

36 guys....what is your x dimension?
4 or 5 blade props?
You have a porpoise?

Please share your setup! Thanks
Old 09-19-2014, 01:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just bought a 36 Coupe myself with Merc 700s/NXTs. I am currently running Hering 5 blades (16.5"X36PX18). X-dim is 3" above bottom with 1" spacers. Boat has a hop on flat water from 80-110 mph, but you you can drive out of it.

I already installed Whipple Stage 3 upgrade kits on the motors, so should be putting out 825-850 HP now. Working with Brad at eTicket Boats on the setup. He's pulling the 1" spacer tomorrow and we'll see what that does. Also need to play with some different props and maybe gearing (currently 1.24 gears).

Boat is bad ass once you learn to drive it.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:16 PM
CLA
Registered

How did she do without the spacer? I'm going to put a straight edge on mine and post the pic.

Bob told me to make sure the drives are trimmed perfectly together and leave the tab about 2 inches down.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:44 PM
Registered

Without the spacer and now with x-dim at 4" above the bottom, the boat felt much better. Raising the x minimized the porpoise. Now the boat has a slight porpoise from 90-105 then takes a set. Also, raising the drives up a bit actually reduced the drag of the NXTs and so feels like the boat picked up HP. We didn't run the boat wide open as now there isn't enough skeg in the water and the boat starts to wander a bit. So, Brad will be blueprinting the lowers next and welding on more skeg. Stay tuned...
Old 09-27-2014, 08:16 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Fuelish Pleasure
Without the spacer and now with x-dim at 4" above the bottom, the boat felt much better. Raising the x minimized the porpoise. Now the boat has a slight porpoise from 90-105 then takes a set. Also, raising the drives up a bit actually reduced the drag of the NXTs and so feels like the boat picked up HP. We didn't run the boat wide open as now there isn't enough skeg in the water and the boat starts to wander a bit. So, Brad will be blueprinting the lowers next and welding on more skeg. Stay tuned...
Very good info...!!! Keep us informed...
Old 10-04-2014, 10:11 PM
Registered

Sounds like your changes are going in the right direction. When they blueprint the lowers, what do they actually do?
Old 10-11-2014, 12:08 PM
Registered

They refine the casings of the lower units, smooth out the imperfections, and straighten the skegs. They may also reshape the bullets a bit and taper the trailing edge of the skegs. However, the primary reason I am having this work done is to add material to the skegs. The skeg on the NXT drive is roughly the same size as a Bravo 1 drive, which we believe is inadequate for a 36" boat running at speeds in excess of 130 mph and now one with a higher x-dim. We are going to add depth to the skeg and add material to the leading edge making it more sweptback in design. Should significantly improve handling and stability at speed.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:31 PM
CLA
Registered

How is she doing after the mods to the lower units?
Old 10-22-2014, 08:10 PM
Registered

Brad at eTicket is just getting started on the mods this week. Hope to have some results to share in the next couple of weeks.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:59 AM
CLA
Registered

Originally Posted by Fuelish Pleasure
Brad at eTicket is just getting started on the mods this week. Hope to have some results to share in the next couple of weeks.
Cool, I've got both of my motors at Ilmor right now for the refresh program. I think 36p B1 is what I'm going to start prop testing with.

Did you buy the pearl white one that was forsale? Mine is the white, blue, red, silver one from Horizon motorsports.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.