Eliminator 33 Daytona Feedback >

Eliminator 33 Daytona Feedback

Notices

Eliminator 33 Daytona Feedback

Old 05-18-2017, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eliminator 33 Daytona Feedback

I want to know how do these boats handle offshore larger waves conditons.I was looking at a Offshore America 31 but this is another option.
I am looking to find anyone who has had experience with these 33 daytonas they seem light but I do not know how they are offshore they seems like lake boats to me
Old 06-01-2017, 09:20 AM
Registered

I am fortunate enough to have owned both boats in question . My AO 3100 was a solid built machine , no frills and classic lines. Only had it on Lake Havasu so the biggest swell/wind chop was probably 3-4' and seemed to do fine once on top. currently I have an 09 33 Daytona with ilmor 710's- a much much more refined boat in all areas. Much more predictable and of course faster... the Saturday of this years Desert Storm made me fall in love with the 33 even more as the winds topped 35mph+ , wind chop/swell sometimes 4-5+ In the basin and just snotty. At 70 mph the 33 handled beautifully, predicable, flying and landing straight just all around a great rough lake water boat. ....
Old 06-01-2017, 12:42 PM
Registered

So you say the Eliminator is the better choice for rough water, the 33 at least. Which one is more hard on the waves, when you come down.Any other information would also be appreciated , this is why the forums are so good so much raw information in one place.
Old 07-14-2017, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Does the 33 porpoise a lot. I looked a 35 Spectre and it porpoises unless it's almost wide open. Not fun . How about turns? Do the center pod tunnels turn with out the toss you out feel ?