Excalibur 27' Articles? >

Excalibur 27' Articles?

Notices

Excalibur 27' Articles?

Old 08-26-2005, 12:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Excalibur 27' Articles?

Did Powerboat or any other magazine ever do a test on the Excalibur 27' flatdeck or the 27' Speedster (Wellcraft version)?? I would like to get photocopies of them if they did. I also am interested in obtaining copies of the Excalibur 24', Excalibur 31' (Chris Craft-Stinger?) , 31' Excalibur Executioner (Fountain to-be prototype?) & 40' Excalibur Hawk Powerboat tests if possible...I would gladly pay whatever the charge! Please email or pm me if you can help. THANKS
Old 09-13-2005, 02:29 PM
Registered

Default Re: Excalibur 27' Articles?

Power Boat magazine has alot of the ad's you are looking for, They have the 40 hawk write up and cover magazine. If you look through the excalibur threads, you will find more info on obtaining the ones for the 40 hawk. If you look on ebay and type in excalibur boat, there should be a few classic write ups there, I talked to the guy selling them a while back, and he says he is going to try and find much more excalibur history and publications, so keep checking ebay.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:10 AM
Registered

THANKS for the help/info.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:28 AM
Registered

hello river runner, in my hand i have a 1983 buyers guide from powerboat magazine, they have a warehouse full of yesteryear magazines, thats how i got this one, on page 32 is a 40ft add 1982 boat of the year, page181 features the boat like i owned, a 1983 speedster with a raised deck, article says they tested flatdeck in 1980 performace trials, a buddy of mine here owns a 1981 flatdeck, this magazine also features the 31ft excalibur, and a 32 ft excalibur, aquired from a 32 cigarette bottom mold from don aronow a lot of history is on page 188 1983 buyers guide, talks about bill farmers excalibur founder, when he sold rights to chris-craft and reggie fountain, a lot of people are unaware of this, just like the 27 speedsters up to and including 1983 hull # read NAP for NORTH AMERICAN PRODUCTS, wellcraft made the 27ft 84-86, then activator boats started 1988-89 till now, a great boat design, timeless, hope i helped you out
Old 09-17-2005, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...53115903aIvCRG

I have this issue, here is a photo of the cover.
Old 09-18-2005, 06:00 AM
Registered

I contacted Powerboat recently (talked to Stacy by email) but was told that they are no longer selling issues prior to 2000 I think. The magazine just changed owners and/or publishers again and moved to a new location. So you guys got very lucky to get these older ones and I...so very sad to say...just "missed the boat"!! I may email her again to see if there would be any other way to dig them up.

I see from the cover that there is some CARRERA stuff tested too...they're also some of my favorite boats. I am searching for any/all ads and articles on their boats...especially the 24' SS7M. I've got to get this issue or at the very least a copy of it! Would any of you be willing to make me copies for a slight fee of course?? Whatever the cost, I would be glad to pay it. I would greatly appreciate it. Please let me know.

THANKS for all of your help and time,
Blake
Old 09-18-2005, 06:17 AM
Registered

vertigo88,

THANKS for all of your help./info. You learn something new everyday...I didn't know that the Activators from LI NY were the same hull!! NONE of the Speedsters were made by Excalibur...only Wellcraft...is that correct??

There was an Excalibur 27' flat deck around here in the early-mid '80s...factory orange and white paint that was called the "EXECUTIONER"...in black lettering on the sides. Maybe named after the Fountain-Excalibur collaboration. Pretty boat...until the windshield was replaced with a non stock one which was way taller, angled to a point in the center and in a slightly different color. To me, that killed the look of the whole boat! The last time I saw it...probably 5-10 years ago now...it was turned into a P class race boat. Anyone know of its current whereabouts?? I was wondering if it was still in NJ (down at the shore maybe) or not??
Old 09-20-2005, 12:57 AM
Registered

my 1983 had the decal on the side of the raised deck EXCALIBUR 27 speedster as far as i know the ones with the hull # starting with NAP, north american products, the parent company of excalibur marine at the time all said speedster written smaller , most of the wellcrafts i have seen just said EXCALIBUR 27, 84-86, i would try again, its hard to believe powerboat mag would dump all those archives, so much history,somebodys got them, do you have a boat now, i sold mine to a guy all the way from sacremento, ca. back in summer of 1996, i do have a boat for sale in the pantera section in classifieds on here, under " freshwateronly 28 92mph", check it out it , its a real steal, on the trailer, fall price $ 50.000 i have only put 87hrs on it since i got it june 2001. talk again
Old 09-23-2005, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DelawareRiverRunner
I'm not sure what Wellcraft called their Excalibur 27,but the Excalibur(Bill Farmer) 27 was called a speedster according to the original brochure and price sheets.(mostly refered to as the flat deck). There are old threads on here with this info. Also the Wellcraft sn# did not have NAP in it.
I think the orange and white must have been a popular colour for Excalibur in the early 80's. here's a picture of mine when I first bought it.
later: chris
Attached Thumbnails Excalibur 27' Articles?-excalibur-price-list.jpg   Excalibur 27' Articles?-new-023-resize.jpg   Excalibur 27' Articles?-june-2005-052.jpg  

Old 11-01-2005, 11:56 PM
Registered

ExcaliburHawk40,

That's the cover of the March 1982 issue of Powerboat magazine (Offshore Performance Reports) and NOT the 1983 Powerboat Buyers' Guide special issue is that correct??

Can anyone scan the cover of the 1983 BUYERS' GUIDE??
(Vertigo88 maybe)

Quick Reply: Excalibur 27' Articles?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.