Notices

Excalibur questions...

Old 11-07-2005, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Excalibur questions...

Hey Glenn,
Sorry to hear of Mr. Farmer's health.

I bought a copy of that Nautical quarterly off ebay 2 years ago, just for that Excalibur article.

My 1984 Excalibur 31 is not Kevlar, (My Hull # starts with NAP and ends with 84). It's got a pad bottom and notched transom.

My buddy bought mine off a Florida used car lot in 1990.
It originally had small blocks and thru prop exhaust with the merc transmissions, but offshore motor mounts.
He swapped in 454s , latham steering and thru transom exhaust (below the rub rail). In 1995 thieves stole the boat, yanked the engines and left it in a field.
I bought in 1996 after my buddy fought with his insurance company for 9 months.
I installed another pair of 454s and continued abusing the merc transmissions until fall 2003 when I disassembled her.
I have installed a new transom core, and outer stringers and paint from the rubrail up, it's taking far too long.
It should hit the water in the spring with bravos outdrives and a 19-1/2 X dimension!

My boat is white with blue and red stripes.
I'm guessing they are Imron, any idea how can I get the paint codes?
I can get the red matched, but my local jobber just cant get the blue right.
Here's a few shots with the TRS

Regards,
Dan Swanson
Attached Thumbnails Excalibur questions...-p1010089.jpg   Excalibur questions...-p1010083.jpg   Excalibur questions...-ex-freddiesj.jpg  

Last edited by Zanie; 11-07-2005 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Re: Excalibur questions...

Hey Zaine, Its Grant but thanks away. I just got off the phone with Don Able. I gave him this site and told him to sign in and let it rip. He said he would. In the meantime he told me that all 31's are Kevlar and that none of the hawk's built under excals roof had kevlar. All excalibur marine boats serial numbers begin with NAP. for North American Products. That is my Dad in that 65 MPH shot with the hammer's against the dash in N. Q. Anyway, Don has all that most of you want to know. Let's give it a day or two and if we dont see a note from Don, I will give him a call. I gave Kathryn Farmer the site and she said she would check it out and show it to Bill. I told them how much you would all like to hear from them and also how much you all wanted them to know how much you like there boats. Grant Allen
Old 11-07-2005, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Re: Excalibur questions...

Sorry, I mean Dan not Zaine. Beautiful boat. Brings back alot of memories. I dont know about that blue. My Dad ordered all of his boats in 1970 FORD CODE X blue. It was much darker than yours. He insisted on teak decks and red interiors with single stand up bolsters.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:53 PM
Registered

Zanie-
Thats a nice boat!!! it will be awesome when your done!!!
Old 11-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Registered

undefinedundefined[COHLOR=Navy]undefined[/COLOR]
Old 11-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Registered

HI-THIS IS NEW TO ME
Old 11-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

This is great stuff. I am really glad that all of the excalibur owners love there boats. Lets get a site going.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:21 PM
Registered

Hello Don, it is good to see you on this site. My boat may be familiar to you. It is the original boat that Jim Chappel bought new in 1982 and was stolen. I believe you rebuilt it at Wellcraft and sold it to Fred Hall.
-Matt Beddoe
Attached Thumbnails Excalibur questions...-exc-florida.jpg.bmp  

Last edited by TxHawk; 11-07-2005 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:32 PM
Registered

Hello All,
I recently purchased an original magazine ad that displayed the 40 hawk, the fairing in this picture is unlike any I have seen, probably drawn in for effect. To stay on subject, the ad indicated a 27,31,32,38 and 40ft version this is a 1982 ad it notes Bill Farmer, pres. Excalibur Marine and its location, but it also notes Hawk racing team out of NewYork, I guess this is where the "hawk" notation comes from?, I am curious if there was a 38 hawk, or just a 40 hawk, and how to tell the difference. Also I am sure one of the HIN numbers must signify a Kevlar hull, and which it would be, I am sure if we compared our hin #'s between non kevlar and a known Kevlar owner, we could determine their significance. Finally, I purchased the ad from a company on Ebay called Vintage Vessels, I spoke with the owner a few months back, and he found this ad specific to the 40' hawk for me, I know he has a few articles for the 31' and 27', http://stores.ebay.com/vintagevessels.
I truly hope we can encourage Mr. Farmer to a full recovery , with our praise of his work, as for me, I have an excalibur just waiting to give him a ride when he feels up to it.
Kevin Gereke
Old 11-07-2005, 06:45 PM
Registered

Hello, Kevin. Have you gotten your boat going with the new power yet? I have the engines back out of mine doing a few little things in the bilge and freshening up the engines. I will post pictures of the new bilge soon. We need to schedule some poker run trips next year. I would really like to get all of these boats together.

Quick Reply: Excalibur questions...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.