Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Excalibur
Was told my Excalibur is not an excalibur. Doing Detective Work. >

Was told my Excalibur is not an excalibur. Doing Detective Work.

Notices

Was told my Excalibur is not an excalibur. Doing Detective Work.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems once you know what questions to ask the story opens up a bit.. Just contacted the previous owner, and he seems to remember being told something from the guy he bought it off of about Jim Clem, and the Lancer, but seems to think the deck lid is off an Excalibur. Getting a phone number from him for the guy that he bought it from to ask some more questions.. He would have been the one to do the deck swap, etc.

We have always just gone off of what was on the title and never questioned it.. This boat has been a thorn in my side for ober 8 years (not because its a bad boat.. it was just a bad financial decision in my younger days that I can't seem to unload now that i'm married with kids.)

Should have come by here earlier to ask all these questions.. you guys have been invaluable with your responses. Very much appreciated.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:43 AM
Registered

I have heard some nasty stories about the (Clem) models some good but more that weren't so good,kinda like the Shults,Profiles. As said before all you can do is figure what you need for it and try. You never know you might get an offer you can live with, its a good looking boat at least. Very tough market out there for even the top name brands. Good luck.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:47 AM
Registered

If your HIN starts with the PDC - its a P & D Classic. search the forum for PDC or P & D Classic. I have one = 1978 - 24' with a stock 502 = 74mph / B1 drive. It's going on the market soon. Rumors around say it's an old Magnum or cig hull. similar to Pantera and Banana Boat's. Looks like a flat deck cig. gauges are across the middle of the dash above the cabin entrance. Front seats are the older "captain" style (not bolsters unless they were changed. Mine originally had a volvo, now 502 with Bravo 1.

I have pics if you want to see what it looks like.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:50 PM
Registered

Old post but shoot some pics .. Always good to see a nice boat.