1978 36' Excalibur re-build w/ triple outboards >

1978 36' Excalibur re-build w/ triple outboards

Notices

1978 36' Excalibur re-build w/ triple outboards

Old 01-27-2013, 02:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1978 36' Excalibur re-build w/ triple outboards

Here's a recent re-build of a 1978 Excalibur 36' (I believe a Bill Farmer & Don Abel design since it was built in Sarasota) A good friend is the owner who purchased it in 1983 and finally decided to "do something with it". The twin inboards were removed and replaced with triple Suzuki DF300's hung from a transom platform w/ a swim ladder. (jackplates not hydraulic –a mistake!) The cabin, cockpit seats, and helm were upgraded as well as adding an arch. The original companionway door is the same. The beautiful teak deck was "untouched" other than sanding & oil. The hull wasn't modified other than adding a windlass & anchor. I'm unsure if the current windshield was original. He can't remember; and I can't find any other Excalibur hull design similar to this one. The HID is definitely Excalibur; as it begins with "NAP"04282 M78D. She's berthed in SW Florida and likes the shallows of The Keys & the Bahamas. More than a few issues have arisen since her modifications. Fuel tank leak, aft heavy, improper vent line routing, etc. All in all, she runs well with the triple Zukes, but I think the 3rd engine adds too much weight. Any comments, assistance, advice, is more than welcomed! thanks. Phil in Chicago, IL.

Last edited by Philo312; 01-27-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:05 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

throttleman has this 1
Attached Images  
Old 01-27-2013, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Throttleman! ..you sound very familiar! I'll help by adding images of yours.
Now get back to work! ..you have a race coming up and, most important.. a fuel tank issue to fix!