Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Excalibur
[PICS] Painting Das Boat.... What a great buzz. >

[PICS] Painting Das Boat.... What a great buzz.

Notices

[PICS] Painting Das Boat.... What a great buzz.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Thank you. In between this Cancer Benefit for a friend I have to run sound for at Jax Beach tomorrow along with playing a set with a friend's band and more prep/paint work on the other areas i decided to paint, too, my weekend is going to be full!!! :lol:

Ha Ha. i just noticed this. The sky matches the color of the paint I have on it in the pics. Hopefully the skies stay nice and blue for a while, too. Bwahahahaha!
Old 09-12-2017, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So How did the old X survive the storm? Hope all is well and looking forward to updates and pics
Old 09-18-2017, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

It was fine and I finished the paint just in time, but still have some tape to peel. High and dry on the trailer with no damage from other boats or flying debris. The marina where I keep it on NAS Jax didn't fare so well, though.

NAS Jax Marina (and my dogs) Sunday before the storm hit. My dogs loved it. All in all, we didn't do too bad in the areas i haunt....errr...frequent. About 4 boats sank and another 4 were beached. All 35'+ boats. Thank God mine are on trailers.

Monday after the storm

You can't s see it too well in this pic because I couldn't get any closer, but you'll notice a ripped sail off of the far right pier. Behind it is the deck to a 50' houseboat that i WAS looking at purchasing as the new Casa de Barnacle and you can see the stern end of it in the 2nd pic I posted. Now you need SCUBA gear to see most of it. Looks like those newly rebuilt engines are gonna need another rebuild.