New to me 24! >

New to me 24!

Notices

New to me 24!

Old 04-26-2023, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts
Default New to me 24!

Picked up a 1978 24’ Excalibur hull out of Maryland last month and brought her back to NC on the coast! Plan to start on it this winter when I knock out some other projects I have. Goals are to convert it to sit down and set it up somewhat for a poker run/class 6 boat with some mild power, maybe 550-600 depending on what I come across when I get to that point and a bravo one set up. Anyone have any pics where people have done some helm/dash set ups with sit down seats?

The following 2 users liked this post by NC03GT:
hogie roll (06-28-2023), RSCHAP1 (04-25-2024)
Old 06-28-2023, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Excalibur

Sweet boat, actually went and looked at this boat a few months ago.. really solid boat for its age regret not picking her up.. was wondering if someone on here or a Facebook group classic offshore got it.. got my answer.. good luck with her
Old 07-10-2023, 07:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Shaneshaller20
Sweet boat, actually went and looked at this boat a few months ago.. really solid boat for its age regret not picking her up.. was wondering if someone on here or a Facebook group classic offshore got it.. got my answer.. good luck with her
I was impressed of the condition for the price!!, Transom has a spot or two but its not that bad, But i plan to redo it for a bravo and raise the x dimension anyways
The following users liked this post:
Shaneshaller20 (07-10-2023)
Old 10-07-2023, 06:25 AM
Registered

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

Good luck with the build, its a process but at the end worth it.
Old 10-10-2023, 07:06 AM
Registered

thanks! Now that our weather here is starting to cool off, just have a few things to finish for a few customers and I plan to jump right on it. Just picked up a Bravo one assembly that came with a basic 330hp 454, Going to weight my options if i want to build that or get something with a little more cubic inches.
Old 04-18-2024, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just picked up my own 24' Have you gotten anywhere on your project? I really want to redo the helm station as it's not great for gauges in it's current set up. Any more pics of the original stainless trim? I am looking for replacements for all of my black trim.

Thanks!
Old 04-24-2024, 11:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pzary3233
Just picked up my own 24' Have you gotten anywhere on your project? I really want to redo the helm station as it's not great for gauges in it's current set up. Any more pics of the original stainless trim? I am looking for replacements for all of my black trim.

Thanks!
So far just unrigged and started gutting it. Hoping to get a big jump on it after i get my new building put up.