how to blend in ...........

Notices

how to blend in ...........

Old 11-19-2006, 06:46 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts
Default how to blend in ...........

When i paint a area how due i blend in the place where the tape line is..................for example there is a place in the front of my boat by the hook were the last guy hit the trailer with it,there is no seem to tape to do it has to be blended how due i due it................
Old 11-19-2006, 11:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: how to blend in ...........

Is it gel or paint?
Old 11-20-2006, 07:18 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

awlgrip
Old 11-20-2006, 07:22 PM
Registered

Wet sand the area with 1500 and spray to blend color. Wet sand with 1500 when dry approx. 16 hours later. Polish with a fine cutting compound. Don't let the paint cure too long or it will be hard to polish-blend.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

thx that was the anwser i was looking for
Old 07-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Registered

I color sanded through in a few spots, I am NOT using base coat clear coat. I am using a single stage polyurathane, can I make a good blend and how do I do it? I would like to go ahead and finish color sanding to 1500 and buff, then go back and sand the few spots and blend in. Best how to info would help me out...
Old 07-13-2008, 09:01 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

you want to be very careful on the blend area when you spray. Trick is to not fan out the blend line. Stop the gun/color abruptly at the end of each pass and use a slightly thinner final coat and make the last coat just slightly larger than the previous/main coats . Than mist on an edge blender solvent. its actually kinda tricky but not terribly difficult. Try not to buff the edge any more than you hafta to bring out the gloss usually i hit the edge lightly with 1500 than 3000 than buff.

this is a process for repair in the middle of large areas where it is not feasible to blend to an edge.

as js said dont let the final coat go to long or buffing can be difficult. 16 hours is good and no more than about 48
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 07-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Registered

Talking

Originally Posted by glassdave
you want to be very careful on the blend area when you spray. Trick is to not fan out the blend line. Stop the gun/color abruptly at the end of each pass and use a slightly thinner final coat and make the last coat just slightly larger than the previous/main coats . Than mist on an edge blender solvent. its actually kinda tricky but not terribly difficult. Try not to buff the edge any more than you hafta to bring out the gloss usually i hit the edge lightly with 1500 than 3000 than buff.

this is a process for repair in the middle of large areas where it is not feasible to blend to an edge.

as js said dont let the final coat go to long or buffing can be difficult. 16 hours is good and no more than about 48
So what is an edge blend solvent?? I will call you when the rain starts here this week.Just got back from cow tipping in north carolina with the family.I need to hide in the garage this week and break out my body work tools.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:05 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by plumbers crack
So what is an edge blend solvent?? I will call you when the rain starts here this week.Just got back from cow tipping in north carolina with the family.I need to hide in the garage this week and break out my body work tools.
its basically a slow drying solvent that helps th edge lay down better. it is available in a aerosol can and really is the key to blending the line in. Gimmie a call when ya can hope the project is going better for ya.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 07-16-2008, 07:50 PM
Registered

Hi dave, can you give us a web link to that edge blender solvent.

Quick Reply: how to blend in ...........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.