Notices

Black controls.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Black controls.

Ok, first things first. We all know black gets extremely hot in the sun on most surfaces. It is a fact of life, and a cruel fact of boating, at least for me, because I love the color! Now, if the question I'm about to ask makes any of your heads hurt from the shear stupidity, please continue onto another thread, and I'm sorry.

I'm re-doing the dash on my boat (i.e. new gauges, steering wheel, led lights, etc.) and while I'm at it, I can't help but wonder what to do with the controls. I've gone with a very basic, although pretty slick color scheme, if I do say so myself. White, black, and chrome are the only colors on the whole boat. (She's a '96 Fountain 27 Fever) Gauges will be carbon fiber back Livorsi monster with chrome super rims, and silver livorsi steering wheel. My controls however, are currently white (from the factory), and I was curious if any of you have black controls, or have heard anything about them. I know they sell them in Livorsi anodized black, but I'm thinking about painting mine black w/ polyurethane paint.

I just don't know whether or not they will melt to my palm once summer rolls around. Like I said, we all know black gets hot, but I'm just curious HOW hot they get. I mean, if it's just a little warm, and not unpleasant after a few seconds, no problem. But if those suckers are gonna be nuclear whenever I go to grab them, that's not what I want, obviously. Now, I'm certainly not in the tropics, but here in western KY it's known for being pretty d*mn hot in the summer, so let's just consider the sun factor to be a 10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Like I said, please don't butcher me on this one. I really am curious! I need to hear from people who have used them. I really would like to paint them, as it would really finish the dash off right. Thanks!
Old 03-19-2007, 11:35 AM
Emerald Coast of Florida
Gold Member

In Vegas they get HOT, had mine powder coated white for $40.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:46 PM
Registered

Mine are black....boating is in Southwest Florida ....no problems with them getting too hot to use comfortably.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nine are black and i have never tought they got hot.
chrome them
Old 03-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Registered

Redid my dash. My controls were black before, resprayed them with imron, in black. Temp of the controls, never a problem..........now the dark blue upholstry, that's another story.
Attached Thumbnails Black controls.-sa401164.jpg  
Old 03-23-2007, 11:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GO WITH CHROME !!
Old 03-26-2007, 10:58 PM
Banned

I had black controls on my 302, and on my Donzi Minx. I never had a problem with being too hot to handle.
Attached Thumbnails Black controls.-dash.jpg   Black controls.-9-10-004.jpg  
Old 04-11-2007, 02:01 AM
Emerald Coast of Florida
Gold Member

I'm going to have my old black ones chromed, the white ones going in this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Black controls.-p4030039.jpg  
Old 04-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

i have a set of controls out of a 2002 25 outlaw. white. if anyone is interested let me know.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:17 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 865 Likes on 318 Posts

I had some dark purple ones on my old Nordic, never was an issue.

Quick Reply: Black controls.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.