building a new deck- worth it? >

building a new deck- worth it?

Notices

building a new deck- worth it?

Old 03-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default building a new deck- worth it?

i have a another salvagable bottom of a STV that was damaged by a tree falling on the deck, i thought it would be a good project to kinda update the upper deck with a newer look
since they really have changed them since they starting making them, so my question is ,is this more than i want to get into, i have worked a lot with glass and i have most of the tools, so do you make a neg from wood or foam or combination, or am i wasting my time ? heres a little concept picture i was playing with as well as my stv euro..
Attached Thumbnails building a new deck- worth it?-scotteuro-copy-small-.jpg   building a new deck- worth it?-dsc_9059asmall.jpg  
Old 03-24-2008, 07:41 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It would be a LOT of work but when you were done you would have a VERY cool piece as long as you did everything correctly. STV's are very fast so I would want to make sure that stucturally what ever you did was up to par with the speeds that the boat runs. It is with out a doubt doable, people do it all the time. I have no idea what the best process for a 1 off would be however. I am sure that GlassDave will pipe in.