Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Fiberglass and Paint
What product is used to Seal Fiber Glass Tank? >

What product is used to Seal Fiber Glass Tank?

Notices

What product is used to Seal Fiber Glass Tank?

Old 07-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts
Default What product is used to Seal Fiber Glass Tank?

I am trying to find the part number of the product used to seal the inside of the Fiberglass tanks. The tanks in my Motion need to be refinished. I heard that Skater is using a product called darakane, but I don't know where to purchase this or what part number to use. Any help would be great!

Thanks!
Don
Old 07-23-2008, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM chris sunkin he knows. I saw a thread he already replied to about this.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:50 PM
RBT
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Dow Durakane 8084
Old 07-23-2008, 03:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RBT
Dow Durakane 8084
Thanks! Do you know where I can buy enough for 2 tanks?
Old 07-23-2008, 03:27 PM
RBT
Registered

Only in Canada I do, I don't think they will ship to you. But Composites Canada 905 629 3178

It has a VERY short shelf life if you get it promoted, I suspect though that nobody will sell it to you unpromoted... unless you are an organic chemist.... or want to blow yourself up.

Impressive stuff.

RT
Old 07-23-2008, 03:28 PM
RBT
Registered

Oh, and it is just a tad on the spendy side.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng
I am trying to find the part number of the product used to seal the inside of the Fiberglass tanks. The tanks in my Motion need to be refinished. I heard that Skater is using a product called darakane, but I don't know where to purchase this or what part number to use. Any help would be great!

Thanks!
Don
Don. Don't waste your time or go for the quick fix. If you do bladders, you will NEVER have a prob. again. There is no way to tell if all the contaminated glass has been cleaned. Always a possible prob. in the future. Tanks can be cleaned and serviced on a regular bassis with bladders! If your tire had a hole, would you trust "fix-a-flat" or get a new one?
Old 07-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by motion110
Don. Don't waste your time or go for the quick fix. If you do bladders, you will NEVER have a prob. again. There is no way to tell if all the contaminated glass has been cleaned. Always a possible prob. in the future. Tanks can be cleaned and serviced on a regular bassis with bladders! If your tire had a hole, would you trust "fix-a-flat" or get a new one?
I am just trying to research all avenues. If it is such a patch job why would Skater be doing it on 95% of there boats? I have heard some people having issues with bladders too.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:34 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng
I am just trying to research all avenues. If it is such a patch job why would Skater be doing it on 95% of there boats? I have heard some people having issues with bladders too.
Exactly Maritime , It is not a patch job its a CURE and SKATER is doing a great job with it , the bladders i was told last 3 years and is a bandaid ..............
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2008, 08:36 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by motion110
If you do bladders, you will NEVER have a prob. again. So you can predict the future also ????

Quick Reply: What product is used to Seal Fiber Glass Tank?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.