Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigboat28
Is your boat a 24 or 28?
Its a 24 foot
Old 02-20-2009, 12:12 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

--(Then sand out the fish eyes, sand scratches, orange peal, dry spots, dirt nibs, and few pieces of hair that I had left that now are also in the finish!)--

Now thats pretty funny !! Don't forget the freaking mosquito that decided to land on the corner of the upper rail right where everyboby see's it... & not only that he's in about 6pieces & a bit smeared where you tried picking him out with the tried & true method of a rolled up cone shaped piece of tape.. LOL !!!

1 thing to keep in mind for the paint , & then I will quit sounding like your mother , or that boss of yours... : Using the vinyl as a reverse stencl is a much better idea than just clearing over the vinyl like alot of people do... However you will most likely be cleaning a nice amount of glue off the yellow base when you pull the letters off after a few coats of the black base due to the reducer breaking down the integrity of the vinyl... If you get a local sign shop to do it make Sure you have them cut that in Paintable Spray Mask not just reagular outdoor vinyl (I don't care what grade they tell you it is) ... Most any sign shop should know what you are talking about... If for some reason they either don't know what you are talking about , or they say they don't stock it so you will have to buy an entire roll let me know & I will be glad to cut you some & send them to you... "Trust me I learned it the hard way when I had a good 50 feet by 2 feet of vinyl glue to clean off the top of a months worth of art work on a certain multi colored Pantera because of an ignorant oversight on my part !!"

At the time I done mine I looked everywhere I knew to look for a pair of nice & right sized fiberglass Naca ducts but they were no where to be found so I used a pair of plastic ones as molds for the vents in the side of mine & then cut out the side of the upper deck & glassed them in while filling the four old 16"x2" vents in. Unfortunatly it destroys your mold by doing it that way but it works real well... I have thought many times about just building me a mold for them b/c I think they are awesome looking vents put in the right places on many things & could use them from time to time myself... If the timing is right & you wanted to use them for the future I would build you a pair for a minimual cost..

Anyways let me know how it turns out & if you need anything along the journey that I may be able to help with feel free to give me a shout !!
Old 02-20-2009, 12:18 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jdub
....you'll have to pay the ransom so I can help you finish your boat!!! LOL
Your probably right on that one but can I borrow a few bucks for the ransome fee ??
Old 03-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just thought I would post a pic of the windscreen I made. It was made out of plywood (like seen in an earlier post) and then fiberglassed and painted.
Attached Thumbnails Fiberglass Windscreen Question-boat-paint-job-3-09-011.jpg   Fiberglass Windscreen Question-boat-paint-job-3-09-012.jpg