Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Fiberglass and Paint
floor buckling what to do????????? >

floor buckling what to do?????????

Notices

floor buckling what to do?????????

Old 05-14-2009, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default floor buckling what to do?????????

just looked at a 24 twister and the floor seemed like it was buckling up right down the middle. seemed like it was lifting in the center of the cockpit the whole length of the cockpit. should i be worried about the stringers????? any idea what im looking at to replace floor and re gel???? why is it buckling down the middle and its solid tho i cant get it to go down by stepping on it and im 22olbs ?????????????
Old 05-14-2009, 06:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should always be worried about stringers on a boat that old, Check it out well, floor is no big deal to replace, but stringers and Transom are.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:52 AM
Registered

Default floor

the rest of the boat seems solid transom is unbeleivably thick all wood is damp but solid just cant figure out why the floor would buckle like that its right down the middle and lifting like 2inches????????? i have to say those 24 twisters are pretty damn cool tho anyone ever tape measure one?? seems longer than my old 24 p&d
Old 05-14-2009, 09:12 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

do you have any pics? Sometimes floors are only tabbed in leaving the center of the wood exposed letting in moisture.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 05-14-2009, 10:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 21eagle
the rest of the boat seems solid transom is unbeleivably thick all wood is damp but solid just cant figure out why the floor would buckle like that its right down the middle and lifting like 2inches????????? i have to say those 24 twisters are pretty damn cool tho anyone ever tape measure one?? seems longer than my old 24 p&d
Which wood is wet, floor, transom, or stringers?? I have had my 24 Pantera rafted up to one, same size within an inch or 2.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:20 AM
Registered

Default floor

the floor is wet and lifting. i am afraid of opening it up and finding more probs. also what would i do have floor re gelcoated??/?
Old 05-14-2009, 12:00 PM
Registered

No need to re gelcoat the floor, just replace it with marine plywood(resin'd), and put rubber flooring over it, but like I said, dont be afraid to open it up, and find problems, better to know whats under there, than to find out the hard way.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by daredevil
PEOPLE,,,DON'T EVEN WASTE YOUR TIME ANSWERING HIM,,,HE WILL NOT DO IT ANYWAYS OR BUY IT !!!

TIREKICKER ALARM !!!!

I agree from what I have seen and heard, but he is almost as much fun to mess with as you Besides maybe one of these days he will buy a boat, or just stop dreaming
Old 05-14-2009, 01:23 PM
Registered

Talking info

hey im just looking for a good deal and appreciate all the help. as for daredevil

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.