thumps up to Mini Craft

Notices

thumps up to Mini Craft

Old 08-03-2009, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default thumps up to Mini Craft

Hello all,
This subject is not intended to bash anyone , it is only advice. This company sold me some gelkote which was a orange red color that I recieved . I called the fellow and explained that the color was not right , his reply is we make it to a standard from the boat company. Okay please email me a copy of the standard which he did. I could not believe this guy claims that the standard color chip which he made the gel from matches the color he sent me. I'm sure people have purchased from this company without any problems . All's I can say is buyer beware because this guy does not want to help anyone, just take your money . I'm just blowing steam but if a company sells you the wrong color they should stand behind their product . I can't post the photo's but if anyone wants to see them and judge for themselves feel free to send me an email. PS, This guy emails me tells me to watch what I say because he will can take legal action against , another good way the express your company .
Old 08-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow I am shocked because I have always have great luck with them. I hope that they are not under new ownership or changing their policies in "bad" times.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sucks to hear that man. Get ahold of Spectrum, they have always done a good job for me. On any older boats and some new expect a slight color difference as the boat fades and discolors being outside. Heres a link to their website.
http://www.spectrumcolor.com/
Old 08-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Registered

I'm not trying to be a a_ _ but man when you pay top dollar for gelkote that does not match at all and the guy wants nothing to due with it really sucks. I can live with being a couple of shades off but not even close matters to me. A good company would have stood behind their product and just sent you another batch that would have taken care of everything. Everyone makes mistakes , for some reason they don't .
Old 08-04-2009, 06:56 PM
Registered

AUDIOFN
There is a great company in your state called merton fiberglass. I paid a quarter of the price for gelkote and other products from the other company. Great guy to talk with.

Last edited by alecsammy; 08-04-2009 at 06:58 PM. Reason: no name
Old 08-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so the title of this thread should be thumbs down no?

what year is your boat?