Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Fiberglass and Paint
What do you guys think of this paint idea? >

What do you guys think of this paint idea?

Notices

What do you guys think of this paint idea?

Old 02-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you guys think of this paint idea?

I was playing around in the shop today and I came up with this idea. The final graphic will be blue. From the bottom up to the graphic will be orange and from the graphic up will be silver. I might also do a green fade around the graphic. I didn't like the graphic at the back so I will change it to the tape outline in the last picture.
Attached Thumbnails What do you guys think of this paint idea?-img_0024.jpg   What do you guys think of this paint idea?-img_0028.jpg   What do you guys think of this paint idea?-img_0030.jpg  

What do you guys think of this paint idea?-img_0039.jpg  
Old 02-04-2010, 07:54 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It doesnt seem to "flow" very well. Sorry, just my .02 These tribals really flow well.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...new-paint.html
Old 02-04-2010, 08:07 AM
Registered

I don't really like the style in the other thread they remind me of flames. Its my first time ever trying something like this. I want the finish product to be thicker like the outside of the tape line
Old 02-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by twistedvelocity
I don't really like the style in the other thread they remind me of flames. Its my first time ever trying something like this. I want the finish product to be thicker like the outside of the tape line
If you have never done it before, dont start on your boat, This type of paint looks OK when done by a professional, not sure of your ability, and not picking on you, but if what you posted in the pics is all you got, paint it one single color, or maybe 2 colors with something a little simpler for your first try.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:24 PM
Registered

well since all the others are being hones i guess i will too..lol. I think the openings are way too far apart, tighten up the tribal some and i think it will look alot better. I personally am not much on tribals but done right they can look really cool. How well will those colors match your interior? That would be a HUGe factor for me aswell if i were doing it.. If your interior is gray and all the patterns are straight lines that i agree with the poster that commented about a single color, or maybe 2 colors.. with a MUCH more simple design... But just my thoughts...
Old 02-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Registered

I paint everyday for a living. I agree I want to thicken it all up a bit and pull it closer together. This was just a rough draft playing around. I will get a better side shot up tomorrow when I pull it out. I wasn't trying to make it nice just pissing around with the spray gun. The whole interior is going to be redone also so colours don't matter
Old 02-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Registered

I paint everyday for a living. I agree I want to thicken it all up a bit and pull it closer together. This was just a rough draft playing around. I will get a better side shot up tomorrow when I pull it out. I wasn't trying to make it nice just pissing around with the spray gun. The whole interior is going to be redone also so colours don't matter
OK,

if that was the rough draft, and you feel that you have the skills, then go for it. I am not an expert painter, but consider myself pretty decent, and I wouldnt attempt that on my boat, I agree, done correctly, it can look good, but remember it will be what you like, others may hate it, and may hurt resale. One thing I learned on the first boat I painted is that it takes a LOT more skill, and a LOT more material to paint a boat than it does to paint a car. What materials do you plan on using? Painting the whole boat, or just adding the graphics? Will you clear the whole boat, or have a ledge where the graphics meet the gel?
Old 02-04-2010, 04:09 PM
Registered

whole boat will be painted everything will be removed even the windsheild. Not 100% sure on my products yet. It will be cleared in the end. I plan to keep it for along time.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Registered

Check out the motion in the slide show to give you a better idea of the paint colours im goign to go with.

http://www.motionpowerboats.com/newboats-motion39.html
Old 02-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Registered

Check out the motion in the slide show to give you a better idea of the paint colours im goign to go with.

http://www.motionpowerboats.com/newboats-motion39.html
That looks nice, for materials I used Interlux Perfection for the white base, and PPG Concept 2-stage for everything else covered in Concept clear, it is holding up nice after 3 years around salt. Big this is prep as you know, and use a good urethane primer, I used Interlux(not sure the # now) since the white base was their system.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.