Gelcoat and graphics repairs >

Gelcoat and graphics repairs

Notices

Gelcoat and graphics repairs

Old 04-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gelcoat and graphics repairs

I need to have a few spots repaired on my outlaw, the prev owner sanded part of the graphics off of the lower part at the rear of the boat. The starboard side also has a fairly large spider crack that needs fixed. My questions are: Can I fix this myself? and if so how would I do it. If I can't do it myself, what's this gonna cost to repair?

Thanks for any help
Attached Thumbnails Gelcoat and graphics repairs-baja-003.jpg   Gelcoat and graphics repairs-baja-007.jpg   Gelcoat and graphics repairs-baja-002.jpg  

Old 04-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Do a search for my thread about local painter. Darin bean is exceptionally good and reasonably priced at these type of repairs
Old 04-23-2010, 06:47 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have fixed stuff like that before & worse. Unless you feel you can blend very well & you have done stuff like this before. It is probably best to have a pro do it. You appear to have a good amount of oxidation as well. It may need to have the graphics redone. There may not be enough material left to bring back the color in the rest of the graphics. I would expect it is going to cost more than a few hundred bucks if it is getting fixed correctly.. Also you may want to consider fixing the cracks & body as needed & having the sides completely painted and side step the whole gel graphic thing.. Just a thought..

Hope it helps. If you are interested in our services we are a a couple states north of you, but here if you need us.. Jamie / Lakeside
Old 04-23-2010, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice! I had hoped to try my luck at it and could probably do the paint work ok, but that big spider crack makes me think that it's over my head. I also don't know how well I could get the new white gel to match the existing. Anybody know a good shop in Louisville, Ky or Cincinnati,OH that will do this? I need to get someone to quote it, but the 2 I have called only do cosmetic repair in the winter...