Race Glaze Polish

Notices

Race Glaze Polish

Old 05-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Race Glaze Polish

I use the Race Glaze Polish on my boat. I have always used a foam applicator and applied by hand. I'm trying to save some time here. Has anyone ever took the short cut and used a orbital polisher to apply their polish and what were the results or should I just stick to the old fashion way and rub it in by hand?
Old 05-18-2010, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

An orbital or dual action polisher/waxer is the ticket! Been using one to wax for decades, once you use one you will never go back. I always use a high speed rotary buffer for coumpounds and then switch to an orbital to apply the wax. There are those odd spots you still need to do by hand, but on a boat you can get 99% of the surface with a machine. A machine will do a better job than anyone can do by hand. Reason is that the polishing is done in the application part of the process, the more you rub the better it gets, and a machine can just simply out rub you!

When I clicked on your post an add popped up for a dual action from Surehold, take a look at it as there is a video that explains how they work. Lots available and many for less money but the Surehold looked like a quality product. I've seen them at the auto stores for a third of the money. My orbital is a Black&Decker unit that I bought 25+ years ago for probably less than $50.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 05-18-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
An orbital or dual action polisher/waxer is the ticket! Been using one to wax for decades, once you use one you will never go back. I always use a high speed rotary buffer for coumpounds and then switch to an orbital to apply the wax. There are those odd spots you still need to do by hand, but on a boat you can get 99% of the surface with a machine. A machine will do a better job than anyone can do by hand. Reason is that the polishing is done in the application part of the process, the more you rub the better it gets, and a machine can just simply out rub you!

When I clicked on your post an add popped up for a dual action from Surehold, take a look at it as there is a video that explains how they work. Lots available and many for less money but the Surehold looked like a quality product. I've seen them at the auto stores for a third of the money. My orbital is a Black&Decker unit that I bought 25+ years ago for probably less than $50.
Thanks RE. I have a Craftsman one that I never used. I already compounded with the high speed buffer. I'll have to give it a try. By the way nice Fountain.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Registered

Scott,
I always used a orbital polisher when applying polish and wax. Makes it much easier and with great results. Good luck