Boat wrap, gelcoat, paint...? >

Boat wrap, gelcoat, paint...?

Notices

Boat wrap, gelcoat, paint...?

Old 06-30-2011, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fireboatpilot
Hey Ridefast, I couldn't help but notice that your location says N.C. but your boat has PA reg and your splashing in at Anchor Marina at the Goose. Where did you get the wrap done, looks good!
lol you must be from PA.. i live in NC but that pic was the day i purchased the boat the guy lived in PA had the tralier at a beach house in NJ and the boat was at a marina in northeast MD it was a fun day of driving .
Old 06-30-2011, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm wrapped and there are a few issues but it's sure nice not having the buffing/polishing upkeep.

I don't like the drag where it wraps around the bottom and a few edges look sort of hoakey although overall I've come around to really liking it.

Last edited by wowchad; 07-01-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who is a good wrap company? I live in the quad cities iowa/illinois. like 2.5 to 3 hours to chicago....
Old 07-06-2011, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jctexas07
Excellent. I am definitely going to do a mild wrap. All of the wraps pictures here look awesome from before to after. No tying up...just launch, ride, and beach. I have aittle vinyl already over some of the.old school ugly colors they did in the mid nineties, but am ready to get a bit more modern with my colors.
we want to see your before and after...when your done
Old 07-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Registered

extreme graphics in Villa park does a really good job on boat wraps. I havent had one done there but have seen some they have done.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:49 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wrap a Boat

What a cool idea?
Old 05-08-2014, 10:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jctexas07
Just wanted to get some opinions on which would be better, factoring in both durability and pricing, on either wrapping a boat versus colored gel coat (if possible) or paint?
Hi, just read your post. I would go for wraps, it is completely reversible. When it comes to cost that would depend size of your boat, but it's more affordable than a custom paint job. Wraps are really durable and fully customizable. It also gives the same protection as a gelcoat.

But before doing a wrap, make sure that your installers are 3M certified and uses 3M materials.

I found this guys online that does it. and they are 3M certified.

Last edited by Griff; 05-09-2014 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Contact OSO about advertising
Old 05-08-2014, 11:27 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by wakegraphics
Hi, just read your post. I would go for wraps, it is completely reversible. When it comes to cost that would depend size of your boat, but it's more affordable than a custom paint job. Wraps are really durable and fully customizable. It also gives the same protection as a gelcoat.

But before doing a wrap, make sure that your installers are 3M certified and uses 3M materials.

I found this guys online that does it. and they are 3M certified.
Come on. Do you think a few thousand members here all fell off of a turnip truck?
Nice no-shame self plug; especially bringing up a 3 year old thread you found on Google.

Last edited by Griff; 05-09-2014 at 01:39 AM.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Come on. Do you think a few thousand members here all fell off of a turnip truck?
Nice no-shame self plug; especially bringing up a 3 year old thread you found on Google.
I just actually came across this thread. No offense meant on these post. Anyway I really like your forum and I'm learning a lot from it. have a nice one.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:11 AM
Registered

In my opinion boat wrap should be a good idea. The boat wraps are really a great way of heightening the look of your simple old boat. The good news is that these are available at a cost effective price and hence you won’t have to worry about anything. So go for boat wrap.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.