Not your usual dirty water stain question >

Not your usual dirty water stain question

Notices

Not your usual dirty water stain question

Old 08-18-2011, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not your usual dirty water stain question

So I have done the searches and I am missing something. Our lake is dirty, after each trip our new to us white 22 scarab has a brown stain at the water line down. It looks like an old coffee cup.

I saw the acid posts didnt want to do that every time, tried vinegar/water which didnt work, and settled on toilet bowl cleaner which does work.

I look around at the ramp and it seems like not everyone has this as bad as we do, I also just cant see that everyone has to toilet bowl, rewax after each trip.

I am wondering if I am missing an application of something to minimize or prevent this or someting? I may just need to buck up but being new to all this just wondering. Thoughts gurus?
Old 08-18-2011, 08:48 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

We have the same problem in the rivers here, leaves a rusty coffee color stain. I use to spend most of monday trying to get the stains off my boat after only a few days in the water. I used Sno-Bowl toilet bowl cleaner and it kinda worked but took to much elbow grease. Last year i ran across Power One hull cleaner and now all i do is let the boat dry sunday night after pulling it out then Monday morning walk around it with a spray bottle and spray this stuff on. Takes the stain right out with little to no effort. I hose it off with water and I'm done. It seems to work best on a dry hull.

http://fountainofyouthrestore.com/Fo...wer_One_1.html
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 08-18-2011, 09:12 AM
Registered

Dave, Thank you for recommending the fountain of youth products they work pretty good.
The only other thing that I wanted to add to the river stain conversation is that I had the same problem for a while with my Pachanga after I had used the Snow-Bowl toilet cleaner. It’s like I took off any protective coating with it? After totally buffing out the bottom of the hull taking away the dullness the Snow-Bowl left behind and re waxing it two times the water doesn’t stain near as bad as it did before.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:34 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Our river does the same thing. I use On/Off twice a year and wax the bottom after those 2 applications. The wax seals the pores in the gelcoat and really helps reduce the dirt that gets stuck in them. I can go 5-6 weekends before I start to see any sign of color and 1/2 the summer before it starts to bother me. (If your not anal about it like me you might be able to go the entire summer)

I suggest cleaning it very well then wax a small area so you can see the difference........it just might be worth waxing the bottom (and no, it won't make the boat any faster!!!).

Last edited by t500hps; 08-18-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:53 PM
Registered

Thanks for the replies, do you have to rewax after the Fountain of youth products.

I am also going to try waxing a portion real well and see what happens this weekend.