Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Fiberglass and Paint
glass over a sub box thats mdf ? >

glass over a sub box thats mdf ?

Notices

glass over a sub box thats mdf ?

Old 01-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Hey, Wildman - you used to be at one of our suppliers.

(@ the big T)

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Hey 4bus,
I worked at Harman Kardon (Harman automotive), for 12 years, you would be surprised what can be done with a correctly designed enclosure.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=US1 Fountain;3591115]
Originally Posted by 4bus

Just the 1 compartment. That is the only location that was large enough and flat, thus the making use of the storage compartment. There is no other area large enough that is flat and open behind to add a 2nd sub. This is it.
Running off a JL 250 mono amp.
Compartment is solid, no flexing at all. Nice round corners inside add to the strenght of it. Face panel is 3/4". As you can see from the pic, There is room at top and bottom to port that 'box', but the JL site says not to run the infinite sub in a ported box.

It just sounds like the sub is beating against itself. Thanks
Ya, JL is right (go figure), don't port an infinite baffle sub.

3/4 starboard is plenty. Start with some fiber fill, it is cheap and effectively makes your box "bigger" giving more surface area to the sound waves.

Make sure the crossover is set properly for your sub, with a 10" us can send everything 80-100hz lower to the sub, make sure it is not crossed over super low or high.

Does the head unit have a dedicated channel for sub woofers? Is the db gain on that channel set properly?

Lastly I almost HATE these subs I think they are more midrange speakers than subs IMO. They just don;t hit like they should, and 1 10" sub in a boat will not get you much bass at all.

I installed two of these in my friends 47, in ported boxes
http://www.kicker.com/Solo-Baric_L7

They are all the bass you will ever need, bridged off an monster 2000 watt mono amp, you can't see because of the vibration caused from the bass.......insane.

Get the DVC 4 ohm model and bridge your amp down to 2 ohm running it parralel. You will have the full 250 watts pounding away

Min sealed is .88 cu, min vented is 1.75, you would be close.