Need Advice for an Idiot fliping XK-19 >

Need Advice for an Idiot fliping XK-19

Notices

Need Advice for an Idiot fliping XK-19

Old 02-28-2012, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
i did my x18,,it was simple and me and a buddy did it by our selves, what i did was once the top was off and everything was out of the boat(make sure your stringers are good and strong) if you need to do any stringer work do that first so you have something strong to clamp to..OK here's what i did,first i got about 20 2x4's and a few 2x6's and a short piece of 2x12's..first i secures the sides of the boat with some 3'' screws and fender washers,i drove the screws in through the lip of the boat into the 2x4s to keep the sides from flexing.after i has the sides secured i went into the boat and measured from the bottom of the stringers to 3'' past the top of the boat,i through bolted the rear 2 through the existing motor mount holes in the stringers..the front 2 i mounted even with the front seats and used c clamps and clamped those 2 to the stringers..then i cut one 2x6 and screwed it between the 2 2x12s..BTW from front to back the 2x12s were 8' apart..then i took 2 2x6s and screwed them to the top of the 2x12s,then i mounted some caster wheels to the top of the 2x6s towards the outside of the 2x12s so i could roll it around in the shop..then i measured the height of the side of the hull then built the sides out of 2x6s and 2x4s,,once the sides were built i bolt the framing for the bottom..once i have the framing build for the bottom i notched the 2x6's to fit into the st raked to keep the boat from moving around in the box i built around the boat..i also sandwiched some carpet hair pad between the hull and the wood..so the box measured 8' wide x 5' high. once i had it all tied together me and a 6'4 friend started to flip the boat on its side,fair warning once you get the boat about to the 6' level it gets vary heavy and we almost lost it..we left the boat on its side and i decided to use the forklift for finish flipping the boat over..once the boat was flipped over i unscrewed the lower part of the box and took it off in whole sections and set then aside for later use..i'm glad i put the casters on, it really made it easy to move the boat around..
I hate to sound dumb but I think I know what you talking about but I am unsure. Once the top is off the sides are going to be really flimsy. I guess I would have to see pictures of this set up and measure ments to see what your doing. I forgot to add we do have a huge front end loader. I appreciate the advice but I just can't put it in my mind to what you are saying.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here ya go.
Attached Thumbnails Need Advice for an Idiot fliping XK-19-421069_385900014770115_100000503588519_1518418_133656559_n.jpg  
Old 02-29-2012, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 579 Likes on 239 Posts

Old mattreses worked like a charm to lie it on .I flipped my 19 footer many years ago with a large engine hoist connected to one of the stern eyes .jacked it up as high as i could get it and than lowered it over the other way but 4 guys would be easier.

Defifnitely have the cap on when flipping it.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

its a party... www.minncraft.com

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjM3aaFuXDs[/YOUTUBE]