Need glassdave to look at this crack I just found in my hull >

Need glassdave to look at this crack I just found in my hull

Notices

Need glassdave to look at this crack I just found in my hull

Old 05-12-2012, 12:31 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

get your hands on one of these or even a cheapie one from Harbor Freight. Only way to make short work out of removing core and good clean cuts and corners. This is one of those tools i thought was pricy till i got one, not sure how i got along without it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FEIN-FMM250S...item1c26cd64b8
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 05-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by 87MagnumII
Here is what we found once the inside of the bilge was cut open. The dry wood is where the crack was on port side. What is strange is that even the wood directly above the crack was dry. All of the wet wood is on starboard side opposite of the crack and appears to be isolated to the bilge. He's got some more grinding and cutting to do but should be done by Thursday.

have your guy mask off the carpet and put cardboard down and plastic off the rest of the boat or you will be scratching your balls off weeks after the boat is finished and in the water..this is the first thing i do b4 touching the grinder..
Old 05-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
get your hands on one of these or even a cheapie one from Harbor Freight. Only way to make short work out of removing core and good clean cuts and corners. This is one of those tools i thought was pricy till i got one, not sure how i got along without it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FEIN-FMM250S...item1c26cd64b8
That is a great price for that tool ( Fein ) considering they usally run much more , and when i purchased my first Fein over 15 years ago it was well over $4 hundred Dollars .
Old 05-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I've already got a dremel multi max, same as that tool but dremel brand. Wouldn't attemPt to cut a boat apart without one. Used it to cut the floor and forward stringers out two years ago
Old 05-13-2012, 11:36 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

dave,glad to see that you are making good progress,it,s amazing how we find the time to get our boats ready when the s hit hits the fan,i hope you get it done in time for memorial day weekend,i believe you will.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:27 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
dave,glad to see that you are making good progress,it,s amazing how we find the time to get our boats ready when the s hit hits the fan,i hope you get it done in time for memorial day weekend,i believe you will.
I hired The glass work out and it will be done Thursday. Im Putting the engine back in Saturday. I would have liked to addressed a few more issues while it was cut apart but I'm gonna save some cash and redo the transom and bilge area over the winter. I've decided I can fix a lot of sh!t for what it would cost to replace it with a newer boat so I'm just doing a little at a time. It's not worth what I have in it but I enjoy it and it keeps me busy.

Last edited by 87MagnumII; 05-14-2012 at 12:30 AM.