Best way of removing bottom paint >

Best way of removing bottom paint

Notices

Best way of removing bottom paint

Old 10-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ridefast77
soda blasted for sure and just repaint it no bottom paint who bottom paints a 27 fountain
Yeah I know ...sucks! My dad bought a 29 fever and same thing BOTTOM PAINT what are people thinking!
Old 10-21-2012, 10:14 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

hello, i had my 34 sea ray soda blasted last year. after u soda blast, now u must apply a barrier coat sealer. i used interlux 2000. then i bottom painted it. i also stripped or DA'd sanded the bottom paint on my 33 scarab. but the again , u must apply a barrier coat sealant. again i used interlux 2000. i would try to remove bottom in a way, that u dont need a barrier seal , like interlux 2000. now have 38 scarab, and i will never bottom boat, but it sits on my trailer when out of water.
i painter 1200 to have my 87 34 sea ray blasted. good luck.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just removed years of bottom paint off my 24' Eagle, I pressure washed all the loose paint then sprayed easy off let it sit and then scraped it off. After all that I wet sanded with 1500 until everything was clean and smooth then finished with 2000, rubbing compound then polish and finally wax. It took me all summer with the boat on blocks to do this. Its not hard work but it's not fun I dont think I would buy another boat with bottom paint after doing it.