Notices

Boat wraps

Old 02-18-2013, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ezstriper
If anybody watches NHRA drag racing on TV look at the shine on the funny cars...and in person very good depth...all wraps now...as are nascar's and more and more race cars period...you want depth and shine...it's all in the lamanates...which is the clear coat...
Ok i hear you, so i want to see you take one of them race cars to a car show and see if you win best of paint never going to happen!
Old 02-23-2013, 12:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my friends '06 292 Formula. He spent about $4500 on his wrap. It is bubbling and peeling and when all the girls are drunk they pop the bubbles. But up close the intricate detail is cool. It has carbon fiber and formula thunderbirds ghosted in. He actually designed it and I think he did a pretty good job. IMO on a wrap, less is more.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

i think thay can look good but i would never buy a boat that is wraped. at that point u dont know why thay wraped it and whats under it. for all u know the boat migth be spider cracked to hell and u just cant see it. that is the first thing that go's through my mind when i see a wraped boat.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ridefast77
Ok i hear you, so i want to see you take one of them race cars to a car show and see if you win best of paint never going to happen!
No, and never should...but the original question was about shine etc VS cost bottom line is a nice well done wrap that looks very nice, not show paint quality I agree is still going to be about 1/2 or less the price of that "show" winning best paint....
Old 02-23-2013, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Drock78
Before

After
WOW nice improvement,congrats