Notices

Bottom Painting

Old 05-02-2013, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bottom Painting

I have a Sea Ray SLX 270. I want to keep it in the water on the Ohio. Everyone keeps telling me if I keep it in the water to bottom paint. I don't want to because of looks, and resale. Need some suggestions.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

I've had bot painted and non painted hulls here in our rivers and lake. I have to agree if i had a non painted boat its worth the effort to not paint it in the long run. The thing about non painted hulls is how much you use it. With any non painted boats i had in the water i had to clean it religiously every weekend. Take it out to the sand bar and scrub for a half hour or so, the sides take the biggest hit where sunlight gets it. If the boat sits un used it will grunge up pretty. I do think it hurts resale quite a bit when you bottom paint. Just my two cents
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 05-02-2013, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

painting isnt necessarily going to help your boat structurally vs just keeping grunge off of it. Me personally I would never paint a boat unless it was a cruiser. And i wouldnt keep my boat in the water either. Me dont paint it and put in the extra work to keep the bottom clean.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best to buy a hoist.