Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Fiberglass and Paint
transem material  multipanel.com? >

transem material multipanel.com?

Notices

transem material multipanel.com?

Old 08-17-2013, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transem material multipanel.com?

Hi, looking to replace transom on a 24 superboat outboard. Here in Lauderdale, there is a new super tough, light material from www.multipanel.com. It seems incredible, and incredibly expensive. Water impervious, etc.. thinking of trying this as opposed to marine ply. Anyone used this in high stress areas? Large yacht manufactures are using it for bulkheads, etc.??
Old 08-18-2013, 04:15 AM
Registered

Most of the new materials (your link doesn't work so can't tell about this) do not have a high compressive strength. So you have to over drill and glass all of your mounting holes. That is why I am guessing it is only used for bulkheads - any through bolts are going to squeeze it and crack the glass around it!
Old 08-18-2013, 08:14 AM
Registered

The guys who sell it, Seafarer Marine will give me a sample to put on a 2 ton jackpress to see how it fares, guess that will be the final test The sample they have there is pretty tough just playing with it. Strange the link doesn't work, just try multipanel in the search. The product is manufactured in Australia. It is very light stuff and dense. Ill be doing the test in 10 days as I go back to work tomorrow out of country.