Where do I start? New Paint.... >

Where do I start? New Paint....

Notices

Where do I start? New Paint....

Old 09-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do I start? New Paint....

I would like to get my Eliminator re-painted not sure where to start n what to do? The boat has its original gel on 65% and has had graphics painted on to look similar to the newer boats..... The original gel has some slight yellowing that does not match some of the newer graphic areas... Overall the boat is pretty clean but I do not like the half gel/half paint....

So where do I begin? Really want it to look sharp.... Nice graphics... Nothing too crazy but similar to the newer boat designs?
Old 09-09-2013, 09:26 PM
Registered

I could give you the number of Richie who painted my boat, He was one of the last painters Fountain had before the shutdown. My 10 Meter is on Reggies site. He just has to rent a paint booth. You can call me. He is in Washington NC. Let me know, and I will give you my number to call. Al
Old 09-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Registered

So what is the typical process? Does the existing paint get sanded off complete or just smoothed out on the blend lines? How much equipment is it best to remove?? Out drives?? Etc.

If I wanted to remove the rub rail and blend top n bottom, what am I getting into?

Just think of me as a noob��
Old 09-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Registered

Any1 have any suggestions for painter in the Northeast?? Prefer close to Buffalo if possible...