Looking for a boat painter - Long Island

Notices

Looking for a boat painter - Long Island

Old 12-22-2013, 09:46 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Looking for a boat painter - Long Island

Thinking about adding some graphics to my all white 47 Fountain... Nothing crazy, maybe a little accent colors or striping just to dress it up a bit. Any recommendations??
Old 12-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey I read your post and decided to see what I can find ,,
I searched a bit and found an old post here, someone looking for painter and found a guy in Lindenhurst .His name is Calos and number posted was 516-860-6173.Mind you the post was from 2011 so number may not work I also found in same post a Predator power boats in Patchague no number .
You may be interested in calling Aqua Marine in Freeport as they specialize in performance and high end boats ,maybe they can send you in the right direction.You could also try calling Thrasher marine in Patchague he may have someone too.
Way back when I was a kid growing up in Blue Point we use to go watch the race boats come and launch at Tabit at the end of Boylan lane .They are still there and Dave has been pretty helpful and I think they have interest in performance boats too maybe they can get you heading in right direction.
I home some of this helps it should be good start let us know how you make out ,who you use and show us photos ...Maybe we'll see you out there Im in the Great South bay ,where are you running yours ?
Old 12-22-2013, 12:18 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by hurryup
Hey I read your post and decided to see what I can find ,,
I searched a bit and found an old post here, someone looking for painter and found a guy in Lindenhurst .His name is Calos and number posted was 516-860-6173.Mind you the post was from 2011 so number may not work I also found in same post a Predator power boats in Patchague no number .
You may be interested in calling Aqua Marine in Freeport as they specialize in performance and high end boats ,maybe they can send you in the right direction.You could also try calling Thrasher marine in Patchague he may have someone too.
Way back when I was a kid growing up in Blue Point we use to go watch the race boats come and launch at Tabit at the end of Boylan lane .They are still there and Dave has been pretty helpful and I think they have interest in performance boats too maybe they can get you heading in right direction.
I home some of this helps it should be good start let us know how you make out ,who you use and show us photos ...Maybe we'll see you out there Im in the Great South bay ,where are you running yours ?
Thanks Hurry!! I've been talking to Rob at Raybo Marine in Lindenhurst who comes with a lot of recommendations, but he's got a full plate and may not be able to do it for me based on his backlog, so I'm looking for options. I will try giving some of these guys a call..

I keep my boat in Lindenhurst at Anchorage Yacht Club, so we're out on the GSB too and with 47' of all white Fountain, I'm sure you will see me out there... LOL...
Old 12-23-2013, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try calling Hustler boats in Calverton they do painting and glass work on a lot of boats besides Hustlers
Old 12-23-2013, 12:02 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are just accenting might go with vinyl but you probably already looked into that.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for a boat painter - Long Island-319024_p_t_640x480_image01.jpg  
Old 12-24-2013, 04:57 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
If you are just accenting might go with vinyl but you probably already looked into that.
I did, thanks. I really would rather go the paint route.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:49 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if your up for a commute i would be willing to take on your project. im located in indiana. it would be a full days trip for you.502 322 6531 if you want to discuss it.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would try calling John from Lagalanti Performance Fiberglass. Not sure of his schedule but he can be reached at 516-404-6817 Attached is a pic of his work.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:16 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by oceanoutlaw
I would try calling John from Lagalanti Performance Fiberglass. Not sure of his schedule but he can be reached at 516-404-6817 Attached is a pic of his work.
Thanks. I will give him a call.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:17 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Josh LaFountain
if your up for a commute i would be willing to take on your project. im located in indiana. it would be a full days trip for you.502 322 6531 if you want to discuss it.
Thanks for your reply. I'm not going to want to transport the boat that far for this.. but thanks..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.