Notices

Powder coating

Old 02-12-2014, 07:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 253 Likes on 109 Posts

Watch what you take in. Had my imco extention boxes done at the place on Groesbeck south of hall road. They stripped them down and dimples appeared in the alunimum. Powder coated over them and made them look worse than when I took them in. Didn't give a **** I was unhappy. Brother paid and picked them up for me.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Drake22.250
Watch what you take in. Had my imco extention boxes done at the place on Groesbeck south of hall road. They stripped them down and dimples appeared in the alunimum. Powder coated over them and made them look worse than when I took them in. Didn't give a **** I was unhappy. Brother paid and picked them up for me.
I believe you’re talking about Finishing Specialties, if so they will powder coat but they mostly do commercial industry work. Probably not the first choice for fussy hobbyist stuff like cars, boats, bikes, etc.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:34 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

JBG your right, have to try the Q.C. Coatings next round. Want to rechrome some parts for my Magnum any suggestions?
Old 02-13-2014, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JBG your right, have to try the Q.C. Coatings next round. Want to rechrome some parts for my Magnum any suggestions?
These guys have chrome plated special wrenches we made for Gulfstream Aerospace and are very happy with the quality.

http://local.yahoo.com/info-16110274...ome-eastpointe
Old 02-13-2014, 06:01 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

all my show car and restoration stuff i had done at Fini Finish up in Warren. There not for the weak at heart but ya get what ya pay for in that biz. I have had dozens of cars done through them with some of the restorations i did in the past with truly perfect results. If your super super particular or need an un obtainable part reproduced have the bench work done at Don Sommer American Arrow and they will have Fini chrome them.

http://www.fini-finish.com/

http://www.americanarrowcorp.com/

for powder coating I had real good luck with Jeffs over on Detroit Ave there in Monroe. I took him a very ratty pitted swim platform that i deemed un saveable and i think it looks great (actually really great) keep in mind theres not much that can be done when the parent metal is trashed like that. You can over apply and try and flow it but thats about it. He did some remarkable stuff with what i gave him and i couldn't be happier.

http://www.jpcoatings.com/jpcoatings/Welcome.html
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 02-13-2014 at 06:07 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Thanks Dave, tried calling Jeff's three or four times. Right around the corner too, I will have to stop in. Making any progress on your end?
Old 02-13-2014, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

I forget the name of the place, buts its in Romulus just north of the airport. They did the swingarms I was making for a while. Always good durable work, on time and fair prices. I used a place ONCE on camp perry, horrible work, bare spots, runs etc. don't go there.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:28 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Thanks Dave, tried calling Jeff's three or four times. Right around the corner too, I will have to stop in. Making any progress on your end?

yeah he is right around the corner from you. leave a message he'll get back to you for sure, he works a day job and powder coat on second shift. been at it for a while and has some nice equipment can accommodate pretty big parts.

I talked to Brian about the logos just let me know what ya need I'll take care of ya. moving right along thought otherwise.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:39 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Originally Posted by phragle
I forget the name of the place, buts its in Romulus just north of the airport. They did the swingarms I was making for a while. Always good durable work, on time and fair prices. I used a place ONCE on camp perry, horrible work, bare spots, runs etc. don't go there.

dont know who that is but I can tell ya stay away from RAD Coatings inc in Milan MI most half azzed job ive ever seen. worst part is I had a guy that worked for me pick up the stuff. not sure who I was more pissed at my guy for being so un observant or Ron for actually passing work that sh!tty.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good info ^^^