Adhesive for hull decals? >

Adhesive for hull decals?

Notices

Adhesive for hull decals?

Old 05-06-2014, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adhesive for hull decals?

I'm replacing the "Baja" decals on either side of my hull and was lucky enough to find a set of original factory Baja decals. My concern is they're a bit old (probably around the year 2000) and the adhesive on them may not stick well. I peeled back a bit of the backing to check the adhesive....it still feels tacky, but not as much as you'd think. Is it alright to hit it with a quick pass of 3M Spray Adhesive? Any other recommendations?
Old 05-06-2014, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think spraying anything on it would just make a mess and it would peel off soon after.... I think once you apply the decal and evacuate any/all air from between it and the hull it will be just fine.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:54 PM
Registered

Thanks for the reply...yeah that spray adhesive never works out well. I'll just clean/prep as best I can, flatten the decal out and hope for the best I guess.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:09 PM
Registered

So my fears were confirmed this weekend..the decals don't have enough adhesive to stick. They're not the wet application type either. The hull is clean, flat and stripped of wax, but the decals barely have any adhesive. Any suggestions on an adhesive?
Old 05-20-2014, 04:26 PM
Registered

have them reproduced, you will not get them to stick

check this site too might have what you need they list a few different ones http://www.vinylapproach.com/replacementboatlogos.htm
Old 05-21-2014, 08:40 AM
Registered

Are they single color or multi color (printed). If single color cuts, I might be able to help you out. I just purchased a vinyl plotter and did my concept graphics and am looking for some work to gain experience on.... If single color cuts, shoot me a PM. I am not advertising a business here... Just looking for work (will do at cost of material) just to gain experience with my new equipment.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:58 AM
Registered

I just bought these about a month ago from Donzi Direct (they weren't cheap), and I'm still searching for a way to use them before I spend more money on new ones. They're original Baja ones, so they're probably pretty old and DD didn't check the adhesive before selling.

Low_psi : They're multi-color (Silver/Purple), but if I have no luck getting these to stick I'll shoot you a PM about some single color ones.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just check "Brands of the World" to see if the logo is available for reproduction and have Fast Signs print them for you in whatever size that you need.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:27 AM
Registered

none of these are the decal you are looking for?

Old 06-03-2014, 09:27 PM
Registered

decals do not have a super long shelf life, have had people think they hit the jackpot by finding some old OEM ones and bring them in for us to install and shot down due to not any good at all...if you email me a pic of what you have may be able to reproduce them for you..Rob @ [email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.