Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Fiberglass and Paint
Just got a quote to paint boat, SHOCKED! >

Just got a quote to paint boat, SHOCKED!

Notices

Just got a quote to paint boat, SHOCKED!

Old 09-30-2014, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know where you would get all your materials for 250.00 but I wouldn't trust that...... As far as primer collar for DuPont is 350.00 a gallon and I prefer dp40 epoxy ppg and it's 235.00 a gallon no catalyst. You get what you pay for. If a primer is 25.00 a quart and a name brand is 100.00 but they say it's comparable I would run away as fast as I could.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm sorry if I made it sound so simple and cheap to paint a boat. I give these options to customers that have 5 -10- 15 year old boats that just want a facelift. With this economy, many people cant afford to buy the boat of their dreams ,so we work with what they have. I paint 25+ boats a year as a second business (from 16' flats boats to a 65' 2mil $ blowboat this year). I own a Parasail business that runs itself (with my wifes supervision) and am able to concentrate on refitting parasail boats . A 15 year old 25 Baja in good condition , being painted from rubrail to chine,doesnt take that much material and can be done in a reasonable amount of time . If you paint for a living, your quality should not suffer because you quoted a reasonable price , I still take all the time necessary to do a quality job because I stand behind all my work.